1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Workshop Wait Times

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Alan-g, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Hi all.

Just wondering if there was anything in the warranty small print, or Ducati's own terms that says how quickly a broken down bike has to be seen to.

I have a 2019 Hypermotard 950SP thats not starting, just keeps turning over till the battery is dead, managed to get it to fire once but cut out shortly after and wouldnt go again.

Anyway, i have been told it'l be end of july before it can be seen to.
    Its under Warranty and i have the extended warranty too.

Surely 6 weeks is taking the p*** for a breakdown. Fair enough a long waiting list for services, but there should always be room for breakdowns under warranty. Otherwise whats the point of the warranty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Just booked my Multistrada in for a routine annual service for the end of June so that’s 4 weeks which I expected. Workshops are rammed with people wanting their bikes now lockdown is lifted having ignored the fact that most workshops were taking bikes in during lockdown. My dealer was offering a home collection/drop off service for at least the last 3 months. With Ducati Glasgow going out of business, the new business slow to get off the ground and being the only authorised dealer in Scotland, 6 weeks doesn’t surprise me, even for a breakdown. Andy

3. End of July on a warranty vehicle off the road repair is crazy. Have a word with trading standards, maybe that will solicit some useful info :)

4. Warranty repairs don’t entitle you to any priority over existing bookings, even if that is perceived as poor customer service. If you build a good relationship with your local or preferred dealership, my experience is that they will try and accommodate you where possible but that it is not always possible. Given the recent trading issues with the sole dealership in Scotland and it’s subsequent re-opening under new management, I can only imagine the challenges for them. The OP could always try contacting Ducati UK direct or even messaging Tim Maccabee through the forum. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aw, that's a shame. They used to be one of the best.

6. Now part of the Ducati Manchester group. Andy

7. I understand its a busy time of year, and their moving premises but theres nothing stoping them doing a bit of overtime or surely theres an agency mechanic somewhere even they charge a premium.

Fair enough having a long waiting list for servicing but the workshop should always have space for warranty repairs.

When you pay hundreds extra for an extended warranty you would expect beter.
    I did have a good relationship with a few of the staff there but every time i go its mostly all new faces.

Now i have 7 weeks before they even look at it to see whats wrong +however long it takes to fix. And i cant even get anywhere else to look at it as that will void the rest of my warranty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Has the bike been running up until recently or has it been standing for a while?

9. @Alan-g Have you spoken to the dealer principal, Andrew Duthie? If not I would suggest you give him a call :)

10. Yes i use it all the time.
    So on Tuesday lastweek is when the issue started. It turned over but it wouldnt fire, eventually it fired and i went to the shops an it ran fine, started warm no bother. But on Wednesday i went to start it and it wouldn't fire at all, i run the battery flat trying, charged the battery and tried again Thursday and still not firing.

For a few months now its not been great starting from cold it always fired straight away but would cut out 2 out of 3 times when idling and id have to hold the throttle open till it was warm, but i thot this was mibi just a ducati thing

11. I'm assuming it's been serviced up to date as it's still under warranty? If the case it's still worth checking the condition of the spark plugs and replace as necessary.

As the bike is a 2019 model I presume the warranty expires this year? One option is to take the bike elsewhere. It may cost you an hour's labour or so but it'll get the bike running a lot quicker.

Another option is to get the bike collected using the recovery service as part of the warranty. The bike will be taken to the nearest dealer (Glasgow) and they'll be more likely to turn it around quicker if it's on their premises.

12. I got the 2 year extended factory warranty.
    So my hands are tied.
    Thats what service manager said but even on the premises probably wont be looked at till when its booked in for at end of july.

Will just keep trying to get it to fire, its came close to firing a couple of times. Hopefully if it fires i can get a good run on it and fingers crossed it clears itself. But will keep it booked in as the service guy said it shouldn't be cutting out on idle anyways

13. Have you tried this?

14. Which dealer are we talking about here? Ducati Glasgow have stated they are short of staff after the recent changes and this will affect workshop times, not that that helps.

Try another dealer, if it's going to be 6 weeks before they can get your bike in, it could be a few more weeks before they get around to looking at it and then possibly ordering parts before you'll actually get it back! It might be quicker to contact another one and if it's that important hire/borrow a van for the day to drop it off if it will be quicker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. If they find that it needs parts from Italy when they go over it at the end of July you can probably forget having them in August shutdown so that's the best part of Summer gone. See if you can have it recovered to their Preston branch if they can fit you in quicker.

16. If it’s under the manufacturer warranty you can take it to any authorised dealer as far as I am aware. You always could in the past.

17. Hi guys having had a few years off I am back on a Ducati! I’m quite concerned with the Glasgow news, I have also recently bought myself a Ducati monster (new to me, but still in warranty), fortunately I haven’t had any issues but was hoping to book in for a service in a month or so. What happened to the staff at Glasgow? I met a lovely gent (forget his name) at the green welly on a Multistrada, he said the 2 Ducati techs that were left had now left together? Anyone no where they have went?

18. I'm 99% sure this raises it's head every year....

19. Its the downside of buying exclusive motorcycles, from a company with few dealers.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information