1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Ducati Week 2018

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topbox, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Finally I've got my first Ducati, a Multistrada 2014 and I've been sold on all the hype and PR around WDW which has made me want to be part of it and ride my Multi there and back.

I'm hesitating to commit now as I'm thinking of some negatives, the heat, all the walking around, getting swamped by the crowds and the unlikely opportunities of seeing anything close up, especially the last one.

I'd be grateful to hear the real flavour of going to this event, and where to stay.

Thanks in a advance

TB

2. Unless you like motorway riding its really a two week trip on the bike.

3. Rimini, Misano, Riccione, Cattolica are all good places to base yourself, I have stayed in Rimini twice and loved it, no good if you haven't got your own transport though. Whatever you do make sure you have a visit to San Marino while your there.
    Steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yes your right, I thought I would take in Route Napolean, Monaco, and find some nice italian roads on the way there and the MV museum and some Swiss passes on the way back.

I'm retired so the time isn't a prob and I enjoy riding my bikes :)

TB

5. I’m going for the first time too and it’s been described pretty much as you have said.

However we are only going on the Saturday night and we’ve got a coach to take us (approximately 30 I think) from/to the hotel. The rest of the time we will be riding our bikes around northern Italy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rimini is their Blackpool and the beach is packed:)

7. I know what you mean but it's nothing like Blackpool, if it was, the Italians know how to do Blackpool in style, the beaches are full because it's so nice.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. With you on this Steve all the way,They have the lot........... food/wine/weather and much much more:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I loved it last time, met Iannone, Petrucci, Stoner and Gigi, did a track session, got hideously sunburnt, but had a blast watching the drag race and seeing the proper reverence that the team and legends are held in.
    Very excited about this year, doing it on the Panigale, staying in nice 4* minimum hotels with arctic aircon, and doing some sightseeing around the trip too.
    Also any bling you buy can be fitted by the factory guys, at s very reasonable 35 euros an hour. Do it!

• Like Like x 3
  10. I usually stay in San Marino (which I love), but this time I am booked in a hotel in Urbino. Anywhere within a half-hour bike ride of Misano would do, according to taste, so there is plenty of choice.

• Like Like x 2
  11. How many laps do get on the track ride?

12. San Remo was a bitter disappointment. Italy is a frustrating country... the most wonderful magic and the most torrid nastiness.

Have to say that it's something I'd like to go to, but am fairly sure that it'll be a mix of good and bad. Try to make the journey part of the destination, stay somewhere lovely and don't sweat over what you don't get to see but enjoy the things you do. Personally I found the Ducati factory museum an engaging 40 or so minutes, enjoyed the dedicated Scrambler dealership and Bologna was lovely (as was Verona actually), but if I'd built it up to be something massive in my mind then I'd have been disappointed (especially as the Hailwood had gone AWOL)... keep your expectations low and it'll be mega ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think you'll find San Marino is far better than San Remo .
    Steve

14. To be quite frank I think you'll find Withernsea to be better than San Remo. San Marino is a principality with a lot of money, and San Remo is a Blackpool-a-like hellhole with more hippies and worse roads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks for the insight on your personal journey much appreicated,,but i have been in spades:):upyeah:

16. Been what?

17. Never done wdw although I'd like to one day. Have been to misano and loved it and bologna. . The food and wine was fantastic every where i went as was the service.
    Loved the lill roads around misano/ tavulia but they were better suited to a rally car than a bike.
    A hire car will do the job nicely...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  18. Misano is very pleasant to stay in, also check out tavullia and even the simoncelli museum. Beautiful countryside with crazy drivers.bologna is a run up the motorway or a train run, also ferrari is worth a visit as is imola.
    Misano is a quieter and smaller resort than cotalica with great beaches and friendly locals.

#18 idrinkbeer, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I did Tavulia (and the Simoncelli museum) when I was at the MotoGP a few years ago. He certainly knows how to charge :astonished:. Still it might be interesting on a bike.

Any road up I'm sold, I'll get me tickets tomoz. If you see an old, (snow) white, male looking bewildered its probably me :)

Thanks everyone for your contributions.

TB :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Who knows how to charge?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information