1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Ducati Week 2022

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by farl, Nov 29, 2021.

1. I'm considering riding there and back from Surrey. Anyone got any good routes they'd be willing to share?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Shortest and quickest is
    Calais - Strasbourg - Basel - Gotthard tunnel - Milan - Bologna - Rimini.

Or you could go the pretty way ...

3. Gotta be the scenic route!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hadn't heard of this before, looks good.

• WTF WTF x 1
  5. One nice route, which would take a whole lot longer, would take in the Vosges, Jura, high Swiss Alpine passes (Furka, Susten, Grimsel), Italian lakes (Lugano, Como), Bologna, Futa pass to Mugello/Florence , San Marino. Stay in Urbino, ride to Misano daily.

6. That’s along the lines of the route that I’ll do. I’d rather take a few days to get there, have the long weekend there, then take a few days to get back, taking in the best roads & some decent hotels there and back.

If I wanted to get there quickly I’d just fly down, as the motorways bore the shit out of me, no matter what vehicle I’m on or in.

7. Having ridden there in 2018 (well ridden a couple of hours from where we were staying) I have to say that being stuck in the traffic on the way into Misano, with thousands of other bikes in 35C heat, with engines running burning your bollox and legs for at least 2 hours, it was horrendous.

Next year I’m going on foot, in my T shirt, shorts and flip flops.

Flights and hotel in Cattolica are already booked :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. May I suggest a few bike-friendly hotels for you to consider?
    In France on the N66, Moto Hotel Col de Bussang.
    In Switzerland the Hotel Hof und Post in Innertkirchen.
    In Italy the Hotel La Meridiana near Urbino.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a bike friendly hotel before. What’s the difference?

10. Most of the other customers are bikers, so you are not out of place with (possibly wet) bike kit, luggage, etc. And parking provision for bikes, possibly under cover.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you travel in July since there might well be a heatwave, check whether a hotel has air- conditioning before booking. Many do, but those that don't avoid mentioning the fact.

12. We did this in 2018 and and in all honesty, one day at the circuit is sufficient to see and do everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. I went in 2018 too staying with a group at the Hotel La Meridiana. It's a great cross country ride to the circuit passing through Tavula on the way. One day at the circuit was enough for me.

14. That sounds like a good reason to avoid. Unless they’re female Italian bikers, then I’m in.

15. Oh indeed, other bikers can be a trifle infra dig, don't ya know.

16. Picking this thread up - am contemplating a scenic ride out, one day there at the circuit and then ride back......any more detail on the routes would be really gratefully received.

I'll be travelling light (very light) - see post on 999 thread. Tiny tank bag and just enjoy the ride. Hopefully could stash leathers and helmet at the event, break out the shorts/flip flops for the day before suiting up and departing. Forget staying there as everything will be booked.....so something 50 or 100 miles away for a late check in after the day at the circuit?

17. We’re planning on going, so if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay that’s a taxi ride away (will obviously be bang on it when we get there), let us know.

18. I'm going. Can't remember where we are staying though.

19. Let us know if/ when you remember!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stay in Cattolica or Rimini. Riding to the circuit is a complete ballache and waste of time, unless you like sitting in 35 degree heat for 30+ minutes waiting to get into the circuit.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information