1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Worth Buying?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by kiergrills, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Shouldn't you have this to keep the mixture correct? If you have the Termis fitted then yes, definitely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. On my 848 I put the standard back to be honest limited difference in performance unless you ragging it, for running round town it was over fuelling

• Like Like x 1
  3. I won’t be ragging it and from what I have researched so far lots of people seem to run with just the normal ecu without issues, it’s money I could be spending elsewhere but as Perry mentioned above maybe the bike would just be healthier for it..

4. Again personal choice my SF has standard Ecu as I ( plonker ) purchased from a 1098s SF so Ecu would need to be flashed - never bothered been to Italy and back never been an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I can only say from experience that the DP ECU does make the bike run really really nicely in comparison to standard, it really softens the initial throttle connection and makes it less jumpy around that 1-3k rpm range when moving away

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That’s interesting! I haven’t changed the front sprocket either so it’s a bitch is slow moving traffic etc but plan to do so on the next service so maybe this ecu + sprocket will make a noticeable difference.

7. If you don't have one, and looking to spend near 200 Euro one a DP one, personally I would just get a good local dealer to re-map it, I had my 848 done by MotoRapido who just put a 848 challenge map on it (not tailered exactly to my bike but within 1-2HP) and it was a beast, definately made more power than the standard DP ECU which is a bit more 'fuelly' and pops and bangs on the over-run more. I think at the time it was £250 UK to get it done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey Phil

Thanks for the information, another forum member has suggested the same thing ill have to see if someone outbids me now on Fleabay so I can get out of it..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information