1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth The Repair

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Neilkemp89, May 16, 2017.

1. IMG_9885.JPG i got a puncture 150 miles into a new diablo rosso corsa.i have already bought a new tyre so repair the old one as a spare or safer to bin

2. Lots of people swear by good repairs. Me? I'd bin it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's in the centre of the tyre so no problem.

4. Not worth the risk mate. for the sake of £150 (est.) imho
    ... If a repair was to 'fail' ...could be a very bad day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Repair it

6. I'd replace myself

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Get it done at tyre shop £5-£10.

8. I agree with ET. I'd bin it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I repaired one in a similar place on my 1098SF with a Crafty Plugger, was fine for the life of the tyre.

10. I've done track days on plugged tyres. No issues at all.

11. Take it to a tyre place and get a proper repair done with the tyre off the rim. Fitter should be able to assess the tyre for any damage that might make this an unsafe option.

Alternatively use a DIY plug kit and keep an eye on it. I carry a Stop & Go plugger kit, yet to use it on the bike but have to good effect on the car. Meant as a get-you-home stop gap but many have run tyres to end of life (the tyre, not the rider :rolleyes: ) with no issues. Would be less confident with the rats tails or rubber ring type plugs, the Stop & Go ones have a distinct shoulder/mushroom shape to stop them coming out.

12. Repair.No worries.

13. I would let it repaired.
    Take it to a tire shop and let it vuncanized,they place a patch from the inside then.

Henk!!!

14. Repair no problem but get it done professionally as it's already off.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'd go with repair, it happened me with a new Michelin Pilot Sport after about 100 mile, I had it repaired and had no issues.

16. Think I'd repair it... had two repairs on classic bikes with no issues.. also my X5 rears.. had two repaired and saw the life of the tyre out!

17. Did several thousand miles across Europe on a repair to a similar puncture :)

18. Towards the center of the tyre so no-fix & dump it. Just depends on how you value your own safety.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information