1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worx Hydroshot, 20v (pressure) Washer

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Android853sp, Dec 19, 2020.

1. I have, for quite a while, used a 7 litre, pump up, garden sprayer to loosen the crud on the bikes before washing but unfortunately I trod on the wand and broke it a couple of weeks ago and hadn’t got round to replacing it. The Multistrada has come back from the last 2 rides absolutely caked in mud and grit which, to be fair to my old spray pump, it would not have coped. I don’t have an outside tap or power socket and my domestic taps won’t accept the sort of universal tap socket you can get for a hose pipe. I also know from horror stories on here, jet washing your bike is fraught with danger so started to look for something better than I was using without going the whole hog. I found the 20V, battery powered WORX which takes water from a tap, bucket, bottle or (their words) body of water. It comes with a basic 2ah battery, charger, variable spray head, wand extender, brush, a small (400ml) snow foam bottle, 10m of hose (with a filter on the end) and the pump handle. Used it in anger today and give it 5 stars. It’s never going to wash barnacles of the bottom of your boat, the foam bottle holds just enough diluted cleaner for a pre wash before refilling for the main wash and the pressure is just about right for getting dried mud off without being OTT. I have a 20 litre bucket and after the whole pre wash, wash and rinse there was water left in the bucket. The battery is supposed to last for “up to” 3 buckets. It’s light, compact and as long as you have access to water to fill a bucket, practical to use just about anywhere. Not cheap at around £120 for the kit but worth every penny if you ride all year round or if you have an off road bike. Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Thought about one of these for cleaning the bike but was wary as I didn't know if it would have enough pressure to clean the bike well, obviously it does :upyeah::D

3. Seams there’s a new one, looks pretty good:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. There are at least 2 (and looks like 3 now) variants, the one I bought which claims up to 20psi of pressure, one with a brushless motor and that one ⬆️. I bit the bullet at £120, the brushless is nearer £200 and no idea how much the high psi one will be. It is also one of their shared battery tools, available in 2, 4 and 6 ah although I haven’t found anyone on the high street selling just the battery. Andy

#4 Android853sp, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. I’ve got one. Works well. Not as powerful as a mains one but very happy with it.
    Fill the little white plastic bottle attachment with Sdoc cleaner liquid and it foams up brilliantly.
    Get about 50 minutes out of the supplied battery.
    Paid £100 for it off Amazon.

#5 Biot, Dec 19, 2020
  6. ive just bought the brushless motor one at £200 Amazon just dropped the price to £159! looks a great bit of kit

7. #7 DucatiScud, Dec 19, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Yep, got a screw fix 1 mile from where I live. Seems only package with 2 batteries?

9. Yes, I noticed that. Clearly there are different kits for different outlets. Having 2 batteries is useful. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update on the CnC only, Screwfix will deliver if you haven’t the advantage of there being an outlet near you.

I’ve ordered mine collect tomorrow,.

Thank you for posting your review I’ve always thought these cleaners to be mere toys but you’ve convinced me otherwise. Be great for cleaning my decking off too.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. one of the lads use WORX power tools at work, v,good stuff. battery's swap over no prob from the kit he bought in Canada to the stuff he buys here, the range of power tools and garden implements is large and easily available including the higher capacity battery's.
    i use Snap-on but i still have power tool envy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Really spooky, just switched the TV on whilst I sat down with a coffee and the Hydroshot was being (positively) reviewed on a gardening programme. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. You Can get a 110bar Karcher pressure washer with attachments from screwfix for £80.
    A better buy in my opinion.

14. Depends on your intended use for it, not sure after a trials/MTB there’d be a hosepipe and mains for it for me before loading into my van/car.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’m sure it’s a fine piece of kit and competitively priced but horses for courses, it doesn’t fit my motorcycle cleaning criteria. I didn’t want 240V or mains water fed and most definitely did not want anything with that sort of pressure. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  16. The convenience of cordless is the main thing for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I bought one of these when they were on offer at £49.99 and use it to get the thick off the trials and MTB’s. It plugs into a cigarette lighter socket and holds 15 litres of water which is just enough for two bikes. Not hugely powerful but gets the thick off before a proper deep clean.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/mobi-v-15-portable-bike-pressure-washer

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information