1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Pay This Guy This Much?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by everclear, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Lots do pay others. Deep clean then protective acf or whatever applied.

Some of us really cannot be bothered with it all

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I can understand getting someone in to clean and polish your car as a maintenance thing.

But with your pride and joy, to pay someone else $1500AUD for a motorcycle seems analogous to me to one of those billionaires who owns a thoroughbred that wins a big time race and holds up the trophy and yet never trained it, fed it etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can’t imagine its just a wash and blow tho...who knows that may be for saomnethung that takes 5 days. In which case, its not that bad value: 300 per day

4. Many of the Rich people on here do :eek: can't understand it myself :thinkingface: but if I was wadded I would have my Lambo done each month :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. you havent got a lambo, and yer bikes only gather dust, so....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  6. Shut up Rich boy :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. @bradders 5 days? 5 days? 5 days my arse.:poop:

8. Would Probably charge double for mine. Been commuting in the pissing rain for dayso_O

9. 5 weeks wouldnt have got my old, salt-encrusted SPS back to good nick...its all relative fella

10. I’d get in the barrel for 300 a day.

11. With reference to the article and The picture of him in his clean workshop.. The front end of the black bike, is that where the term “ bell end” comes from?

8AB9F9CB-6849-4883-8A13-46C1B3F4D365.jpeg

X

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Each to their own, I have a multi millionaire mate who has things like that done with his cars, I honestly think he misses out on a lot of enjoyment by not doing it himself but that’s not something that irritates me, what does irritate me is his refusal to give me any of his money, he’ll never be able to spend it all, tight wad!.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Not that guy particularly but yeah, once a a year a tip top nuts cleanse why not. My last ex, once every 3 months used to go to health spa with her girly mates so what's wrong with the love of my life, car or bike:D, getting a once a year treat

14. If you had very deep pockets i think you would view this much more differently,it's only money and you can't take it with you:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Some people are so busy making money that they'd lose money if they spent the time detailing their own bike.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I always think I will get my ZZR14 valeted after returning from a wet euro tour but I end up doing it myself when I see the cost

17. Cleaning polishing waxing modifications upgrading servicing.... its all part of the bonding process and knowing your bike inside out... Intimately! It's like knowing how each part works and being at one with it.. that my role. And even if I had big pots of money I would still do all my own work:blush: it's all a personal preference. I also get a great feeling of satisfaction from doing all the above. Some people don't have that type of bond with the bikes they ride! just like some people don't have any mechanical sympathy.... I'm glad I do... that's just my take on on it:cool:

18. I really dont see the issue with this. Those people who use his services clearly are not that bothered at the thought of spending AUS$1500 on a valeting job. If they were he'd be out of business pretty soon. Each to their own. Detailing bikes is way more involving than a car, since most four wheelers only really have the visible areas dealt with (exterior bodywork, interior, wheels and engine bay), as opposed to the mechanicals which are much more evident on a motorcycle, ie suspension, exhaust, cooling systems etc., any of which can deter from the look of the bike, if not included in any kind of detailing regime at this level. Saying that, judging by his video, the exhaust on the MV looks a little shabby, so not exactly the greatest platform with which to showcase you're work. Elbow grease is IMHO, a lot more satisfying in the end.

19. Meh - id rather do it myself....therapy - thats what it is....spend my working days in server rooms, offices, boardrooms etc etc....theres nothing like messing around with old school mechanical stuff...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information