1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wouldn't know what to get!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ministry, Mar 9, 2012.

1. I went to Ducati Croydon today (Inmoto). I was there to pick up my Pegaso, which was fixed after a non starting issue.

Anyway while I waited, I had a little look at the Ducatis, KTM, Aprilia bikes they had. No 1199 there yet of course, but loved the 1198sp, multistrada pikes peak, 1100 evo, KTM smt, Superduke & rc8. Then the RSV4 and touno!!! Point is, if was in the market for a new bike and I had the cash to pick, I really don't know which I would pick. I suppose it would could down to if the bike was a replacement for one of mine or an addition. Would be a nice problem to have!

2. My Aprilia scooter was from inMoto. They are relatively new to Ducati. It's cool you can go there and see bikes in quick succession, makes it easier to compare. I didn't get my Ducati from them but had a browse last time the scooter was serviced.

You're right the choice is easier, I'd say brand loyalty wins out, not sure I can see myself on an Aprilia or KTM as a real bike. If Ducati ever make a scooter, the Aprilia gets traded in for it :).

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?z3ik14
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Where is it in Croydon?? Is it near Purley Way?
    Just if I nip home I may drag my Dad down there :) he used to take me round bike shops as a child and in my teens so time his. Daughter takes him :)

4. They're at 187, St James's Road, Croydon. CR0 2BZ.

Map

5. RC8R for me, btw.

6. Thank you !!! I'm the worlds worst I recall my home town by landmarks such as pubs ,
    I will be nipping home for a couple of days soon so I shall pop in!! :)
    The one good thing about the area and south London was the many little bike shops because sometimes a little gem would be tucked away at the back.. Things have probably changed now.

New bike , hard for me I really love the older Ducs .
    I do like the Diavel as it quirky and I can touch the floor!!!
    But too much of a bike for little old me!

7. Sorry to be a bore and get all logical, but I guess it depends on your riding style, for instance, my 2-3 hour blasts around the mountains here in sunny South France are probably ideal for the KTM 690 an Aprilla V4 thingy would just be overkill for me, the Monster seems to ideal down here, so if I could choose any bike I'd go for an 1100 evo or, gulp, a Triumph speed triple........it's 25 C here today, just gonna jump on the Monster and go into town for a spot of lunch, ahhh isn't life great.

SF

8. The 1100 evo is definitely on my radar; I just love the way those aircooled dukes make their power. And any KTM is on my radar too. But the bike that's fascinating me at the moment is the Husqvarna Nuda; I've gotta get me a test ride.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information