1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrs Italy - A Cautionary Note - Resolved

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Sev, Sep 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not been on here for nearly 5yrs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe they left their log in details with DPD....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Number not recognised...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TBH I have used PayPal regularly over the years without a problem . But let this be a warning to others, there are a lot of very useful looking products being advertised on social media, all from China, and if you are lucky enough to get anything at all it will not be what you ordered. As something has been delivered PayPal so far will not credit, got offered a £10 refund on something that can only go straight in the bin. So they are ok for the majority of our transactions but this ever growing Chinese scam sector is a major issue that is not being dealt with in favour of the ripped off customer. When you look into this, it is the major cause for complaints at PayPal now. But remember you cannot speak to PayPal anymore.

5. I agree with that. Also your email should not just set a deadline but also state that “time is now of the essence”. This is because due to a quirk of English contract law, missed deadlines don’t allow the innocent party to repudiate the contract (ie: consider it discharged) unless “time is of the essence”, which elevates the date for delivery from a mere “term” (remedy is damages only) to a “condition” (remedy is repudiation and also damages).

Brief article here (not mine so no responsibility for errors etc): https://www.crippspg.co.uk/commercial-disputes/time-essence-mean/

#25 Zhed46, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I bought an Ohlins steering damper for my old Streetfighter from WRS a few years back. No problems at all and I got a free key ring. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I sent an email through ebay and also their info address asking for a resolution.

if they do indeed have a shock in stock for immediate delivery then I’ll take it. If they don’t then i want my money back, especially as the shock is now cheaper by 100 pounds in their advert- which i made them aware of and feel that it’s Adequate compensation for my troubles.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry to hear this. It seems you are really the unlucky here. I have purchased thousands worth of stuff from them. All promptly delivered. That said, they use DHL to deliver packages to US so that's maybe why. Good luck with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. A lot of Chinese sellers masquerading as U.K. Only suppliers.
    Always check the address at the bottom of the listing.
    I have contacted ebay about this and they do not seem at all bothered.
    From the government down the Chinese seem to be a dishonest race.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. ebay won't care at all. As long as they get their cut its not in their interest to police dishonest trading practices that will net them a small fortune unless it causes them great social media or legal harm like the sanction of counterfeit goods of global brands.

Even then they'll just pay lip service to be "seen to do something about it" until the trial by twitter outrage searchlight finds a new crusade to stoke the mob's frenzy up.

I got a reply from them to my mail at the end of last week. Apparently their supplier will be delivering stock and I'll be getting it within the next week or two. Naturally I don't see that happening, and I can see us having this same conversation at the end fo the next week. But you never know, I might be pleasantly surprised.

11. Agreed except the last bit...bit harsh to tar a 2bn people on the basis of a few eBay listings ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Just take look at the Chinese governments handling of COVID 19 at the outbreak, treatment of Muslim minorities, breaking their promises to leave Hong Kong as an autonomous state.
    And our local takeaway reducing the number of Sweet and sour pork balls in their takeouts

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Great - getting the bits is the best. Just be certain not to to "run out of time" with your PayPal payment. I can't remeber off the top of my head how long you have to file a claim from the pament date...

14. siz months so it puts us in the last week of September to kick anything off, as the sale was made on the 4th April, so the deadline is the 4th October according to the paypal six months rule.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just a thought, it might be worth mentioning that date to WRS? Perhaps it will put a little urgency in their "pulling out the finger"?

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2 of my brothers wives are Chinese and my niece won ton is half chinese .. I think it a bit Fecken rude of you to say that they are dishonest people in general.. but I do agree that they are making smaller portions of pork balls these days.. also they have outlawed motorbikes in a lot of cities which makes all Chinese cvnts basically.. ( sorry bros wives and my niece) errr ... thats all....

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. And don't forget the indentured servitude of the "belt and road" initiative with loans to Asian and Pacific Rim countries that they will never be able to afford to repay. Then there are the issues in the Pacific with overfishing and fishing in foreign waters and protected sanctuaries like the Galapagos Islands. You can add building military installations in disputed waters to bully other Asian Pacific nations claims to islands and resources in the surrounding waters.

Africa is also becoming like the Africa of the colonial past. A few dictators are reaping great financial rewards while selling their populations into multigenerational servitude to the Chinese central party.

My issue isn't so much with the people as it is with its leaders and the Central Party and their poor regard for civil liberties and freedom, not to mention a general lack of concern for the lives of its people in general. Now add the new "social score" for employment, education and, health care. It really is a despicable way to rule a nation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The shock arrived this morning.

one is pleased and relieved.

• Like Like x 13
  19. Thread closed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TFFT :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.