1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wsbk Donington *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, May 27, 2017.

1. What a boring race! In summary
    Chaz over riding again, crashes
    Rae runs off then gets caught by Sykes
    2 overtakes later Sykes heads off into the distance to win
    Rae has a big crash, looked like tyre came off the rim!
    Haslam grabs 2nd with a very lonely race
    Melhandri gave Lowes the first Yamaha podium with a mistake at the Melbourne loop

Yawn....

Stapleford and Kennedy looking strong for Supersport but Sofu will be tough to beat...at least that may be an entertaining race!

2. Had me on me feet, looking forward to tomorrow

3. Should have paid for a seat :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Got free stand tickets so correct:bucktooth:
    Would have been nice to see chaz stay on to give the kwaka
    Boys someone to race:astonished:

5. Happy for Sykes he's having a tough time and even when things aren't going his way he seems to be pretty good about it to be fair.

6. Interesting he's now openly having digs at Rae. Makes for much better TV :upyeah:

7. Bradders you're spoiling it for yourself..... that's the problem. I will be attending tomorrow:)

8. Well I. Slhoykfnt have. Traffic that's

9. Too much beer last night?! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coo, I don't even remember typing that! Gord knows what I was on about. (Large, then Gin and finished off in wine).

11. Supersport red flag again. Was shaping up nice....old Foggy isn't holding back with some of his comments tho! Funny as...even if he does look a bit like a vagrant pulled from the Currys doorway at 0430 this morning :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Supersport red flag again. Was shaping up nice....old Foggy isn't holding back with some of his comments tho! Funny as...even if he does look a bit like a vagrant pulled from the Currys doorway at 0430 this morning :joy:

13. Just watching yesterdays race, the speed they go first lap is mind bending.

14. Well, the second race was better! Haslam...moaning git! It's never his fault when he crashes, is it?! Wonder if he's found the dummy yet....

Poor old chaz, great fight back to bag third and Rae keeping the ne doe up in the interview with Sykes ;)

Dixon bagged a 9th (I think) which is some achievement on a BSB bike and his first world weekend.

Stapleford had a good show, beating Kennedy was critical for him but looking the real deal a bit again. And cluzel...another moaning fella who does the hard passes and doesn't like it back. Sofu is just on another level :upyeah:

15. To be fair it wasn't Haslams fault..

Interesting listening to the commentary team saying that the kwak is the best package and that everyone else is overriding to even get close.

I honestly hope they go for a set ecu like in bsb, you watch when Rea hasn't got a bike that can basically ride itself. He'll be off moaning like a child again.

Not taking anything away from him he's a good rider, but a bit of a prick and I genuinely think he'll struggle without the advantage the kwak currently has if say he was on anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I think they just need to get all the factories fully involved again. Yamaha are committed with their race factory in Italy opening again and it looks like it is paying off with their bikes being about the best of the rest at the moment. Hopefully the other teams will also be there and start to dent the Kawasaki and Ducatis dominance. Still I want Ducati to win first :)

17. Seems there os more and more call fro a change to make more competitive. If electronics were standardised, or removed ala BSB, Rae and Sykes would be probably most hit, not just because they are the best bikes but because they most rely on the electronics package IMO. Lowes would massively benefit, as would Camier, who BTW is a massive talent who's never been given the real opportunity he deserves.

And everyone within 3 miles could see Mercado was going to cut back to that apex, with Haslam barely half way up on him so effectively behind....I like Haslam, he's committed and hard charging, but he does like a winge trackside ;)

18. Just watched the 2nd race myself.

To be fair, I love to watch sykes ride, his body position is really aggressive and dominant looking. Kinda all knees and elbows sticking out but when he hits the corners he just tips in and looks like he's absolutely rigid.

It's really weird but looks good

Rea... Well, I just don't like him.

19. Yeah sykes does have an odd style, almost motox style with high elbows etc, and certainly is the opposite of the modern trend. But he also seems so strong on the brakes, and really squares the corners off :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information