1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wsbk Magny Cors Spoiler - Protest

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Great racing disgracefully harmed by taking Raz top spot for being an inch over a line. And protested by Kawasaki with footage seeming to show Rae telling RIBA to check it and look. F*cking outrageously poor sportsmanship.

Redding pulled back a reasonable result for what seemed a tough weekend too. He must be looking at that bmw and thinking wtf have I done….

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. No one knows if JR reported it. Thats pure speculation. I agree its a sham but it happens. Track limits are the same for everyone. I dont agree with teh decision, but he crossed into the green. The footage shows it. So he is guilty, whether we agree or not. It isnt tiddlywinks. Its racing. The line is clear, if you cross that line then your exposed. Racers will always try to exploit any advantage they can. To stop it put grass there. Simplez. Toprak deserved that win. Until we know whats what, everything else is pure speculation. But to win 6 titles you gotta be ruthless. No one will remember this incident.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. It was interesting to watch Taz Mac a couple weeks ago, put his rear wheel 2" onto the grass verge and "bang", a horrible high-side. No one likes to see that, I much prefer to see the safer approach with the use of these green areas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. It was protested by KRT. There is footage straight after of what looks like Rae demonstrating that he saw Raz go over the line.

IMHo it is the wrong decision. It’s such a very small patch, where the ‘limits’ thing is when people exploit over the edge of kerbs etc.

Disgraceful both ways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. He's worked hard on his public image but Rea is still a whiny little Tosser.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The main thing is Toprak has put the willies up him.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I thought it had to be crossed several (3?) times before being penalised? What happened to track-limit warnings?

8. I think you are only allowed one transgression on the last lap.
    TBH race control are normally pretty strict on this and looks like they didn’t see anything wrong until the KRT protest. Rules are rules but hope it doesn’t descend into results being confirmed the following day.

Eurosport’s grid man doesn’t hang back though, so perhaps he will ask Rea “Was it you who raised the protest?”

Karma can be a bitch though!

9. if there were two riders you had to name who's pull this it would be him and 93 (ie champions) , win at all costs and fk anyone who gets in the way etc

Wonder if they'll be so lovey dovey now lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Only 1 on last lap iirc hence it was a super weakly thing to do. And totally incorrect decision in sprit of the rules.

11. Just watched it - what a bloody weasel move - beaten fair and square and then whinging over a tiny error that gave no advantage.

I hope Toprak takes the title more than ever now!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Especially as he actually overtook Toprak into the next corner

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 241288132_10159301322456131_897236217336182337_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. What an unsporting scumbag

15. upload_2021-9-9_13-59-31.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I missed that detail - it makes the complaint completely irrelevant - damages the sport :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. PMSL. This is real professional cut throat racing. Its not a track day or a jolly and no-one here is a 6x world champion or even remotely close. This is why we are not. Toprak took whatever advantage he thought he could as did JR. is it shitty? yes. But to win you have to take every advantage you can and JR did that. Damages the sport? Check out Doohan, Fogerty, Vale, Marquez et al. This is racing, not some club sport 'after you old chum' racing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Preetty much what i was trying to say.
    Would never put him anywhere near the others mentioned there though barring CF but he's certainly one of those riders that if you ever say one word out of place about him you get the usual horde of crayon munching fanboys clogging up your mentions.
    Pretty much why i cant stand the fella and find it hard to have a great deal of respect for him (im sure hed be devastated by that of course :joy:)..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Well, I want Chaz to win personally. But he's nowhere near it. But to be clear, this is Topraks mistake. This is akin to leaving the door open on the last corner.

I wasnt comparing him directly to those I mentioned, just that those guys didnt miss a chance for a dirty trick either. Theyre racers, thats what they do.

20. Nothing like that at all. I get the point about it’s pro and all that and the record books won’t show what an arse way someone got the extra points.

Teams protesting, ok that I see. A rider like that?! Still think it’s outrageously poor sportsmanship, clearly not something Rae knows anything about, and gives him zero credence in any complaint he ever makes about other riders. I can see this meaning Toprak goes back to his old ways given and opportunity and punt Rea off at some point with a wry ‘have that!’ In his helmet. Or Dennimg will pay gerlof to do it ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information