1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wsbk Philip Island *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Feb 28, 2020.

1. So it all kicks off this weekend, and Scott topping FP2 so getting to grips it’s it.
    • Phillip Island WorldSBK - FP2 Results
    WSBK
    Haydn Cobb
    28 Feb 2020
    Free practice 2 results from Phillip Island, the first round of the 2020 World Superbike championship.

[​IMG]
    Free practice 2 results from Phillip Island, the first round of the 2020 World Superbike championship.

Jordi Torres (Mie Althea Honda) and Leandro Mercado (Motocorsa Racing Ducati) join the WorldSBK grid from the third round at Jerez.

PHILLIP ISLAND WORLDSBK: FP2 RESULTS
    POS DRIVER NAT TEAM MODEL BEST LAP TOTAL LAPS
    1 Scott Redding GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati Ducati Panigale V4 R 1m 30.436s 30 laps
    2 Toprak Razgatlioglu TUR Pata Yamaha Yamaha YZF R1 1m 30.854s 24 laps
    3 Michael van der Mark NED Pata Yamaha Yamaha YZF R1 1m 30.905s 26 laps
    4 Leon Haslam GBR Team HRC Honda CBR1000RR-R 1m 30.936s 24 laps
    5 Loris Baz FRA Ten Kate SBK Yamaha Yamaha YZF R1 1m 30.973s 17 laps
    6 Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 30.978s 22 laps
    7 Tom Sykes GBR BMW WorldSBK Team BMW S1000RR 1m 31.161s 23 laps
    8 Alvaro Bautista ESP Team HRC Honda CBR1000RR-R 1m 31.201s 23 laps
    9 Michael Ruben Rinaldi ITA Team GoEleven Ducati Panigale V4 R 1m 31.213s 14 laps
    10 Xavi Fores ESP Puccetti Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 31.265s 21 laps
    11 Alex Lowes GBR Kawasaki Racing Team Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 31.336s 19 laps
    12 Sandro Cortese GER Pedercini Kawasaki Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 31.397s 18 laps
    13 Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati Ducati Panigale V4 R 1m 31.478s 24 laps
    14 Eugene Laverty IRL BMW WorldSBK Team BMW S1000RR 1m 31.747s 22 laps
    15 Garrett Gerloff USA GRT Yamaha Yamaha YZF R1 1m 31.898s 25 laps
    16 Federico Caricasulo ITA GRT Yamaha Yamaha YZF R1 1m 32.008s 23 laps
    17 Maximilian Scheib CHI Orelac Racing Verdnatura Kawasaki ZX-10RR 1m 32.030s 17 laps
    18 Leon Camier GBR Barni Ducati Ducati Panigale V4 R 1m 32.649s 13 laps
    19 Takumi Takahashi JPN Mie Althea Honda Honda CBR1000RR-R 1m 34.995s 19 laps

<
    [​IMG]
    Previous
    Phillip Island WorldSBK - FP1 Results

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Top 6 within 0.5s and top 13 within 1s. You'd hope that would translate into close racing but I have a suspicion that won't be the case on the day. Redding, Razgat and Rea will hopefully put on a good show. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. It was wet so not really a true indication, Redding always been good in the wet.

4. Tyre change for supersport bikes so a bit of pressure for the mechanics

5. Get on my babbey

6. Cracking first race, bikes look really evenly matched this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hopefully this’ll be on you tube fairly soon. Some benevolent person will also edit out all the boring bits.

a link to the highlights

#7 DucatiScud, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bit of a surprise to see how well the Yamahas went TBH.

What happened to Haslam on the final lap, he just fell away?

Lining up to be an epic season 2020.

Come on Scotty!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maybe he took the decision to take the position he had rather than crash out trying to improve on it or his tyres gave out?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I suspect even matched except Rea’s Kawasaki. Had he not tangled with Sykes on the first lap, I have a horrible suspicion he would have pissed off into the distance as usual. I do think it was a racing incident and definitely not as aggressive as some of his (Rea’s) historical overtake moves that went unpunished. I expect to see Rea moaning on social media but that is him all over when he’s not front running. Andy

#10 Android853sp, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Great watch that for a change
    But Rea would have pissed off without that incident

12. ^ Wrong

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. being a newbie to this class (or at least not having watch it for over a decade) im a lil out the loop . rea looks fast as fuck and mad! he was cutting his way back through the field nicely after he ran off (nicely being fucken aggressively) before he over cooked it... but the turk and redding were keeping him honest over the weekend... didnt see him disappearing into the distance at all....

14. I only saw the last 5 laps which were electric,should be a good season.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Well I wouldn’t have bet on Lowes leading the world Championship after Australia. Great to see he’s not prepared to ride shotgun to Rea.

Baz needs to calm down somewhat.

Bayliss looks well and his lad is going to be fast by the sound of things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wow

some very very good racing

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. lowes was doing good. i prefer redding for style but id be well happy if lowes rules the roost...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Great racing. Supersport was crap for a change. Even with a tyre change (can’t last 16 laps?! Wtf?! Pirelli need to be booted out!)

Redding being in well, a podium on every race can’t be bad. Super to see Lowes win again! And that he may be able to take it to Rae as a teammate for a change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Only two weeks until the next one under the floodlights at Qatar :)

20. Best season opener weekend ever? I think so.

• Agree Agree x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information