1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTD: Mikuni CV38 idle adjust screw please!

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by 470four, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Hi all, chasing one of the above? Or the thread type and length if someone can measure it please?

Thanks! :upyeah:

2. If you don't have any luck I'll pull the one out of my carbs tomorrow afternoon for you ;-)

3. I somehow thought I would see this request pop up......:wink:

The thread is very fine....only guessing I reckon it is something like an M5 x 0.5....length needs about 40mm, I think......I will have a look and see what I can find tomorrow (I have a spare body to try the threads in)....

Failing that I suppose I will have to unscrew mine and measure it....Not.

Actually, I have got a spare (which you aren't getting) in case my invention broke.....

AL.

4. it's good to have another reference - struggling with my eyes now to get the pitch but 0.5mm is correct and the diameter must be 5mm although the two screws I measured were 4.75/4.87 mm.

So just to sum up :- M5 x 0.5mm pitch x 32mm long for the standard idle screw.
    I have used a Yamaha FZR 'remote' screw (like the one you have made AL.

5. Agreed on the size.....just measured my spare....2.5mm is unthreaded at the pointy end.....but that's not a problem, easily formed if the thread is full length.
    Head is a crosshead type, but not necessary if joining it to the cable (but it does make it easier to keep the drill bit centred).

In fact, it doesn't have to have a head at all if joining to the cable, but better if it does.

I'll be having a rummage in several boxes of screws later....work is in the way at the moment.

Update: I have found just one among a couple of hundred or so, but its only 12mm long unfortunately.

AL

#5 Ghost Rider, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
Do Not Sell My Personal Information