1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Wull’s 1299s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Wull, Feb 12, 2019.

1. The winter is dragging on, I’ve rode the bike twice, well 3 times if you include the 2 mile jaunt from work to home then back again.

A few pics from the showroom, I think I picked the bike up on the 16th of November or around that time, I can’t remember exactly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rode the bike home from Ducati Glasgow, conditions weren’t too bad, no salt on the roads but a little damp, wasn’t dry enough to press on but the bike felt really good.

A few pics from when I got the bike back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No plans for the bike other than fitting a smaller tail tidy, I like the Ducati Performance tail tidy but there seems to be too much movement for my liking and it limits the size of plates I can fit.

• Like Like x 5
  2. First job was to fit the trickle charger connector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use the c-tek 5.0 trickle charger and it works a treat. I stick it on a few days before the fortnightly start up of the bike and leave it on for a few days after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I managed to get out for a ride on the 29th of December, they hadn’t gritted the roads since Christmas morning and the temps were around 9/10 so I decided to go for a 44 mile ride, it was wet and damp but not overly bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The quick shifter wasn’t working form the moment I left the garage, it wouldn’t work on the up shifts but worked perfectly on downshifts. Still under warranty so I’ll get that sorted.

Back for a wash and degrease etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#3 Wull, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I purchased the Evotech tail tidy at the tail end of January. Got it fitted and the LED light wasn’t working, contacted Evotech and they sent me a replacement ASAP, impressed with their customer service. I emailed them on the Sunday, which they would have more than likely read on the Monday morning, I received a reply, exchanged a few emails all within 20-30 mins and had the replacement light by the Tuesday.......Brilliant!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The yellow screws are annoying me so I’ll swap them out for black ones, not sure if the plate is on the small side, for some reason I presumed the 7x5 was the same size that I had fitted to my s1000rr but when it arrived I soon realised that wasn’t the case. I think I had 8x7 or 8x6 on the beemer. I’ll see how this one goes.

#4 Wull, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hi, Wull. Nice bike. I got mine just coming into winter, also. Have put about 400 miles on my base 1299 since October. Came from an RSV4 Factory. Enjoying it so far. Dave

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice, I bought my 1199S back in late Nov, was delivered 21st Jan, haven't even started it yet !!!!

#6 Dibble, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Hi Wull, nice bike mate, I remember seeing that one in the show room, need to catch up for a run, when the grit stops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Nice bike, I’ve got 7x5s on both my bikes, never had a problem :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. 8AB3FA87-009D-4E43-B756-C601E30A06A4.jpeg
    I went 7x5 as well. Looks much better

• Like Like x 1
  10. 13287B63-9E9A-4DEA-BE59-873B70A0E9C0.jpeg I ordered this by mistake. Luckily the bike was in Spain most of its life and the Spanish police didn’t bother

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fixed the QS today, removed the switch and cleaned it.

Also trying out the new camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sunday was the first biker social Scotland ride out of the year. Every month during the season we have what’s called “meet and eat” meet up at the Kincardine services then head off to wherever we have booked for food that day. Nice easy run then lunch, then afterwards usually people go their own way and have a blast, or straight home depending on how long the run has been up to that point.

Our run was up towards Glendevon, up to Crieff, across to Lochearnhead then down to Callander to the Lade Inn for some grub. There was a great turn out for this time of the year and considering the weather wasn’t the best on Sunday, not to begin with anyway. 62 bikes roughly, 33 were eating.......

Sadly the QS wasn’t working from the word go, I’ve phoned Ducati and the bike is being collected on the 12th of March so hopefully it’ll get sorted then.

Here’s a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s the first proper run out on the bike that I’ve done, my initial impressions were when I’d ridden the bike home and the one other short ride I did in December were good and I now feel I can comment further on it.

Firstly and more importantly for me the 1299 is more comfortable than my previous bike, the position is better but what suits me better is the narrower tank, I did not suffer once with any pain in my left leg, something that I usually suffer from, in fact it would be that bad that I’d feel it after only 20 miles. I did roughly 150 miles on Sunday and never felt it once.

Brakes are phenomenal, I find the throttle control quite good, I feel like I use the whole of the Rev range a bit better than I did with my previous bike, I couldn’t get used to the 14,500 rpm limit so would tend to shift before the limit. Granted I wasn’t giving it the beans but I had a bit of fun afterwards heading home, conditions still weren’t ideal but it was ok enough to push a little harder. The down shifts are amazing, pity about the up shifts not working but I know when it works it’s good. Sounds amazing, looks amazing, rides brilliantly. Suspension seems perfect, I leave it in dynamic and have it in race, never felt a problem with it at all, maybe comment on that a bit more when the conditions are perfect and I can press on a bit.

So......I absolutely love the bike, and here’s to many more miles :):)

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information