1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ww1 Movies Brought To Life....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Oct 10, 2018.

1. That’s something I’d like to take a look at when it comes out :upyeah:

2. No but if you're into WW1 I can highly recommend 1915- The Death of Innocence by Lyn MacDonald. It's a compilation of soldier's diaries from the frontline. Absolutely fascinating. It really does give you something to think about when you imagine you're having a bad day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This movie is more than just colourisation, they lip-read the dialog from the film and had actors reproduce it, dubbed audio from soldiers from all sorts of sources and plenty of other tricks, Peter Jackson is a WW1 nut, owns all sorts of stuff from the era, including a couple of Bi-planes.

4. Go to Ypres go to hill 60 and look in the picture boxes
    No movie will give you the experience that you will feel

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. That is brilliant.
    There is a three part tv drama called Our World War on sky catch up at the minute. It was first released in 2014 and it`s based on eyewitness accounts of the soldiers who served in the First World War.

6. When I was a kid, I used to sit with my Dad's uncle. Unable to work, barely able to walk, he sat with every breath an almost unachievable challenge. He was gassed somewhere in France/Belgium. A man dying slowly, still too young. The effect of WW1 is indellibly etched in my memory. It didn't end in 1918

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information