1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Www.bike-parts-ducati.com - Fraud Or A Real Website?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by SuzaFan, Feb 8, 2021.

1. I have used them and I have received the parts but that’s only after multiple follow up emails and multiple excuses from them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I wouldn't use them but if you need to pay with PayPal, it is safe. I got ripped by an eBay seller and went to PayPal and eBay, simultaneously. eBay did nothing, but PayPal credited me straight back, reinforcing my confidence in using PayPal.

If I want genuine parts, then I find that I can just call Riders and get them posted to me. I prefer that, because I know that Riders are genuine Ducati dealers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanx guys for reply...
    I already contacted them through PayPal...
    Need to wait till Feb 13th and then I will escalate to claim if they don’t respond...

Regards,

Goran

4. you mean this one?
    https://www.ridersducati.co.uk/

5. Yes (but if you ring then you can buy any genuine part - even if they have to order it in - for a price...)

#6 PerryL, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  6. Are you actually in Zagreb, as your avatar shows?
    If so, I would use this German business. https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/ducati-spare-parts
    I used them regularly when I was living in Sweden for both business and personal parts orders.

Please note that I'm not saying the provider you are dealing with is not legit, just that I have had good dealings with KFM.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ive used them in the past for a fair amount and always received the parts, I mainly use snells now though

• Like Like x 1
  8. Their slick looking website gives the impression that they hold stock, but in my experience even common service items are not. They take your money and then you have to wait while they order them (presumably through Ducati). Nothing wrong with the parts when they finally arrive, but I have learnt now to go straight to my local Ducati dealer.

9. Just reading this post after i've ordered a bolt and nut from them. I hope my order arrives!!

10. i've ordered off them quite a bit, they can be pretty slow to be fair. i've order a few times and got things in a couple of days, others a few weeks. i might start looking around a bit more, simply because they can be slow. i've never had a wrong order or had to send anything back in all fairness

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Thanx guys for replies!
    These are really helpful!

Yes, I am in Zagreb.
    I will try with the suggested one though...
    We also have Ducati dealer here, but I just want to have a backup where I can order online...

12. You probably shouldn't be ordering parts from the UK as you'll get hit with customs duties and VAT when they arrive, even though you may have already paid UK VAT when purchasing the items - all due of course to the UK no longer being part of the EU free trade zone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
  13. looks good
    I've bookmarked it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I have to say wieger who runs there parts department is excellent and compared to our Irish dealer is very good value!

15. If you read the first section of their Ts&Cs you'll see that they palm off the order to a dealer in your country. It's effectively a drop shipping operation in which they likely take a share of the dealers margin. If you swap countries then you get a different dealer supplying, try it and then look at the contacts page.

Its a good business idea, they no doubt take a cut from each sale and all they do is run the website... With a number of countries involved, with a willing dealer in each, they're probably doing quite well.

The dealer will need to order any non stock items from Italy with the inevitable delays.

Better off ordering from your local dealer IMHO. Same prices and no difference for out of stock items on terms of waiting time.

#17 Bumpkin, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Shhhhh, the thread will drift now.....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Used bike-parts many times & they have gone above & beyond when I had a query about certain parts. If you're emails aren't been answered, you have to cut them a bit of slack.

18. I have used bike-parts-ducati once. The item took a coupe of weeks to arrive but was well packaged.
    As others have mentioned, I think they have to order stuff and pass it on.
    I find the website very useful for getting part numbers before ringing local dealers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information