1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xpel Paint Protection For V2 Bayliss

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by dazthephot, May 3, 2022.

1. I’ve just been told by a detailing company in Beverley that Xpel don’t have templates for the V2 and they’re not happy about the method of cutting on the paint.
    Anyone had it done or know of a solution?

2. @rob lewis is the man best placed to answer that question. Thought @El Toro had his Bayliss PPF’d ? Andy

3. Thank you.
    I believe El Toro had ceramic done.

4. I had the Bayliss ceramic coated, but previous Panigales have had PPF, which is fine initially but after a couple of years the outline of the PPF attracts dirt and is very visible and it makes the bike look grubby.

5. That’s interesting to hear. All the Xpel bumf says it’s the best but nowhere does it give a real world review like that.
    I’m being a bit precious still even though I bought this bike to ride.

6. How confident are you/can you afford to spunk £45 or £148 should you get it wrong?

7. Ha ha that is the question! I’ve spent enough I think so will call the detailer and see if they’ll do it. Put off slightly by then telling me they can’t help even though they supposedly had the Xpel guys in doing a car.

8. Its not as difficult as you think. I did the front of my pikes peak, but stopped as I ran out of time, and all the crouching was doing my back in. It actually looked very good, apart front a small air bubble on the front mudguard.

9. I’ve watched YouTube. Can’t be that hard surely.

10. Good luck then :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A friend of mine does vynal graphics for a living. I bought a kit for my SF V4S from chipguard, my friend done best he could, but I just wasn't happy with it. Only parts that came out ok where the sides of the tank, the rest I removed and added a few layers of carnuba wax.

Ceramic coatings are great if done from new in a controlled enviroment by pro detailers.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information