1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y Reg Monster 600 Dropping Power And Rev Counter

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Roger Dent, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Hi All,
    Recently bought a Y Reg Monster 600.
    It looks totally standard with less than 15k on the clock.
    Problem is during the middle of a ride, the power will suddenly drop like it only running on one cylinder and the rev counter drops to zero.
    This could happen on a straight at 60mph or in 30mph traffic.
    Low fuel light also come on but this also happens even when the tank is full. But then it'll disappear again. Paperwork says she's been well serviced and looked after recently. I've taken her for a good blast with new fuel, changed the plugs, 'tapped' coils and pulled and cleaned relays (which I can hear clicking when ignition turned on btw)
    Very frustrating, any help appreciated.

2. Hello and welcome I have moved your thread :)

3. Okay, thanks. Newbie error

4. Your allowed a newbie error :)
    We have a newbie section too, introduce yourself there and don’t forget my rubbish bin pictures

5. Welcome to the Forum Roger :upyeah:.

Have you checked the injectors are both firing when required?

I had a similar sounding issue on one of my bikes, turned out to be a loose connection between the plug that connects to an injector and the injector itself leading to sporadic intermittent firing if the injector. Easy to see the issue on mine as they’re shower injectors, not so easy on in throttle body injectors thought:(.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information