1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yam rd350 ypvs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 10, 2013.

1. ..........would one be worth having, slightly tatty with full fairing??

AL

2. ...if it's running and cheap enough, hell yeah ...

3. very collectable

4. Which model/year. If its a later Brazilian built one leave it unless its ridiculously cheap.

OGR

• Like Like x 1
  5. At the right price, yes.

I have fond memories (and some nasty ones) of my '86 F2

6. Year: I don't know yet.............Model: All I know is RD350 YPVS with a red and white full fairing...........I'm guessing it is probably an F2........don't know if that means it is also an LC.

The owner has been told it is worth a 'lot'...............what sort of spread does a 'lot' cover?

AL

7. F2 should be fine, but it obviously won't be worth as much as an original LC. Am I right in thinking the Brazilian ones had a twin-headlight fairing?

8. LC = liquid cooled, they are all lc from 1980.

Yes the twin headlight is the R, made in Brazil and not as good as the Jap ones. That said if you find a mint R, why not.

The last YPVS models are very very good bikes and very reliable if well maintained. I have friends that still track them with some decent preparation and on the smaller tracks you wouldn't beleive how quick they are.

Just make sure its a good un if you are paying good money.

9. You don't say...

10. Suppose it is a bit obvious....... But he did ask :rolleyes:

11. No I didn't.................I know what an Elsie is.........I had one............I also had an RD350B...............but I didn't know if an RD350 YPVS was an Elsie as well.

12. Find out what it is then post details with a picture or two. Value will range from quite a few grand for a minty F1 to a few hundred quid for a tatty Brazil made bike.

13. Gotcha, thanks...........at least I know where to start talking money if its OK........

AL

14. yeah with the rgv conversion , cool.

15. Please explain.....

16. IIRC Power Valves (YPVS) were never known as LC's.

Anyway, my old one. Sorry to the OP for the hijack!

rd350lc.jpg

rd350lc.jpg

17. If complete and original with matching No.s, then yes worth a few quid,
    I paid 5K for my 1985 F1, but its only done 800miles from new.

18. Can I be honest with you Al? I wouldn't bother with it unless you plan to make a profit on it. It's perfectly natural to seek out bikes we lusted after back in the day, but the usual reality is they sit in the garage unused and gathering cobwebs, and only see the sunshine when they need a wash. I know of at least ten people who have done what you're thinking of doing, went out and got their dream bikes (some bought them tatty, other shelled out big money for a minter), and every single one of them sold those bikes on a year or so later saying they couldn't find time to use them. And the cleaner they are, the less likely it is they'll be ridden.

I'm as guilty as everyone else. I got my dream Katana 1100 after years of lusting after one, only to find it was a slow, heavy, unrefined piece of crap - and that was a sub-5000 mile showroom jobbie. I didn't spend a fortune on it, I swapped it for some work, but I would have been gutted if I'd blown a stack of cash on it.

The only way I'd go down the same route again is if I could find the machine I want at a bargain basement price, so I could leave it in the shed in the knowledge I haven't wasted a pile of money for no good reason. Of course I now have the Guzzi, but that ain't a showpiece, it's my regular ride, it's the fuglystrada that's sulking at the back of the garage, and will be sold next time I fancy a holiday.

• Like Like x 2
  19. That would be with the Suzuki RGV front end (usd forks ) and the banana swingarm . No good if your a purist and like your bikes original, but better looking and a plus for handling.

20. No to the RGV conversion for me! Keep it 80's like mine was ;-)

100_0609.jpg

100_0609.jpg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information