1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R6

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by WeeDavey, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Just noticed Yamaha have dropped the R6 from their 2021 line-up. Wonder how this will change SuperSport racing in future years as the R6 has been the dominant bike.

2. there still selling it in race trim mate

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I see it has been proposed the 2021 British Championship Supersport class will pilot the introduction of Triumph 765 machines (not sure how that will work as they are no longer on sale) and maybe later the Ducati 955.
    As I was typing this I seem to remember having said all this before somewhere, I must be getting old.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. You must be (getting old).
    They will use the 765 Street Triple as the base. Race fairing, clip ons and rearsets and you’re good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ZX6R looks like it’s gone too. Gonna has to build your own supersports in the future

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It’s a real shame. But everyone wants 200bhp these days

I absolutely loved racing a 600. Proper race bikes

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I’ve ridden the newest R6 on the road, it’s fantastic. It’s beautifully built, I’d say easily the nicest jap bike I’ve ridden for build quality, and it was lovely to ride, with the slight exception of a very harsh rear shock in standard settings.

I would have bought one there and then and even at £11k I was kinda accepting that it’s just what the latest bikes were costing, what I couldn’t quite get my head around was the fact that in the mid range (where let’s face it is still 8k revs on a 600) some Dynos were showing it as 25-30HP down on the previous version just because of mapping.

I even looked at getting a 16 model exhaust and a remap, doable but then it was money and warranty etc.

personally I think they should have included a ‘race kit’ with it, for say £11500 which included a full system and map, and then people could have fitted them and it would be superb

8. It’s good they’re still offering it but why does it have lights and the road exhaust still, actually I know the answer - they’ve still got a warehouse full of R6 bodywork gathering dust.
    I still find myself very tempted by a 765RS and bobbing some fairings on it, I almost bought one last spring but the temptation lingers. Especially after bondy’s thread on his, though I see he was selling it on eBay a few weeks back

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Good plan. The 765 has loads of grunt out of corners and handles well on standard suspension if set up properly.
    And parts are comparatively cheap.

And I might be selling mine sometime soon :)

10. How come you might sell, too similar to the Daytona?

11. I have 2 Ducs and thee Triumphs. The 765, a Daytona Moto2 and a Daytona 675. The RS is awesome but it’s an everyday bike for me and with lockdown etc I don’t use it as much now. Keep changing my mind though as I really love it. Bloody bikes!

12. Can’t be locked down forever mate, you should shift one of the Daytonas. Think the D765 is worth a good 7k now and I could be tempted ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The 675 is a track bike. The Moto2 is simply brilliant on the road. One of my plans is to keep the 765RS and when I blow up the 675 turn it (the RS) into track only. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  14. How do you compare the RS and 675? I really fancy a triple at some point, just tossing up between a new RS to rag on the road for a while and gradually convert to track, or get a decent D675R which is already most of the way there.

15. Get a mv 800 triple

16. MV never done it for me for some reason

17. Very different engines but same kind of result. The 675 has to be thrashed everywhere. The RS has torque everywhere but lights up above 8000 rpm. Best all round bike I have ever owned is the RS.
    My issue is I am a sports bike person deep down so much as I love the RS it’s always a little alien. Make sense?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Total sense, I’m the same. I enjoyed the test ride of the ST I had but given the choice between between a naked and a sport in the garage I know I’ll take the sport 9/10 times. Makes no sense that they don’t just knock together some updated Daytona fairings, maybe that’s the plan after the Moto2 special hype has settled down

19. I loved the test ride I had on the Street Triple RS also, best naked I’d ridden so far in terms of having a sports bike feel, would like to try a Moto2 but obv that isn’t going to happen

20. The Moto2 feels much more planted than the RS under hard acceleration. The RS goes real light on the front but the Daytona just drives. Obviously the RS is magnificent for wheelies. :D
    I general the Moto2 is much more focused as you would think. Bit like the v2 but more urgent.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information