1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Renew Wsbk Team

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Jul 20, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. No idea why that would be, Haslam has had no championship winning success at world level previously, not even close. He also has yet to be crowned champion at domestic superbike level although without Shakey in the running, this year has got to be his best chance. Unless he chokes for the third year running that is. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. How totally unimaginative of Kawasaki I mean Leon is a safe bet but he’s 35 and had plenty of chances.
    That’s WSBK on series link for me and I’ll get round to watching it if I can be bothered.

3. Totally agree, would be far better to see a younger rider coming thru the ranks.

4. Andy,Don't you remember the 2010 season was a cracker with Leon on the suzuki pushing that great rider Max biaggi all the way to the penultimate round at imola:upyeah:

5. Its confirmed then Leon to Kawasaki WSB

6. If he loses the BSB title this year, I wonder if this will be why.

7. :rolleyes:

“It’s understandably tough to replace a rider of Tom’s quality and the final decision to sign Leon for 2019 was made after considering many factors, some obvious and others to answer internal team factors," said KRT team manager Guim Roda.

"There’s a complex sporting strategy behind this decision, and to satisfy our team goals we felt that Leon was the best possible rider for the job. Rumours and speculation have filled many of the last weeks and we are happy to finally confirm Leon as the KRT choice.

8. Suspect much of this is that he can do lots of racing, unlike it seems Sykes and Rae who just do Wsbk. Haslam seems happy to do endurance stuff too, whare called on.

Not convinced about his development skills though.

9. i have to laugh, i still a bit sickened as to why brooks didnt get the Yam seat in WSBK, tut tut.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information