1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha XT 250

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Birdie, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Hi, About 2 1/2 years ago my brother in law unfortunately died of cancer, at the time he was restoring his 1981 Yamaha XT 250, my sister is thinking about puting it up for sale but has no idea of its value and doesn't want to get turned over so i thought I would ask on here.
    So the question is, have any of you any idea as to its value, I haven't seen the bike myself but i am told it is immaculate and runs fine. it is a 1981 with 14600 miles on the clock.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Steve

nicks 1.jpg nicks 2.JPG nicks 3.JPG

nicks 1.jpg

nicks 2.JPG

nicks 3.JPG

2. That looks gorgeous, I am after one my self to do up.

Have a look on ebay to see what others are going for what price.

Mark

3. Well its 30 years old and not quite a Classic....had it been the XT500 that would be a different matter......I'd say somewhere between £700 and £1200 ish.....

4. Right buyer right condition could be 3k...or could be a grand or less. Reckon ebay a good shout

5. Very nice, as Bradders stated it's worth more than you think... Jap classics are fetching more and more of late.

6. Go buy an edition of Classic Motorcycles or Motorcycle Mechanic. They both have (I think) classifieds sections and ypu are more likely to get a gauge on which end of the scale she may get

7. I'm with Bradders - these are appreciating FAST right now. I had one years ago - lovely green laner, don't let it go too cheap (unless to me of course)
    Larsen

8. Ebay got a few on, 700-1800 seems the range

500 probably more of a classic in demand although I'd be sirprised if the 250 wasn't rarer

Reckon it would make a decent green laner still too

9. Thanks for all the advice lads, I will let her know and check the Classic Bike mags.
    Steve

Do Not Sell My Personal Information