1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yay, We're Back...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Helloooooo o_O

2. Coins in the meter?

3. Do I need to re-subscribe? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Phew o_O

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Yes, I'm at work too :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. i was starting to sweat!!

7. When we hear comments on the news about Britain lagging behind the world in productivity, I think you must be the sample demographic. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Didn’t even notice :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sheesh that was close, I nearly topped myself. Thought I was banned :0

10. Too busy at work to notice. Did I miss something? :)

11. Our average isn't bad though :)

12. I think I may have a problem. o_O I stared at this for 3 hours. :confused:

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 12.51.12.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Did it change?

14. There was a server update issue that had broken something. Bloody computers!

15. What happened? Been out on bike for a few hours? Was it exciting? Did I miss something good?

16. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

17. Ahh, just seen above, OK, take it forum was bust then? It worked this morning?

18. Here’s the reason for outage for all the geeks :bucktooth:

The downtime was due to an upgrade from Centos 7.3 to Centos 7.4 and an incompatibility with OVH servers using the NVMe SSD drives in Raid. When the update occured Grub was unable to locate the boot partition and thus could not load the operating system.

It appears that this is a rare issue that only affects certain hardware configurations. Due to your server having some of the most bleeding edge hardware out there you were caught up in the bug.

There should be no issue going forward now that the appropriate link has been made with Grub.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. I think duke was talking to the server and the server just had enough and switched itself off.

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. That reminds me of a conversation I had last week at work with the most defensive bloke in the world.

Me "That machine is broken" (I'm paraphrasing here) :)

Him "It was OK yesterday"

Me :rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information