1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Yellow Fairings For Early 749 & Rearsets For The Same

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Fire3500, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Hello,

Any interest in both LH and RH fairings for a 2003 749s (left hand side) and 749 (right hand side)? They're complete with all 6 parts and there has been some repair to the mounting pin on the RH side one and the dzus fastener lug is snapped off at the bottom, so there's a hole drilled to accept a zip-tie.

Both in very reasonable and shiny condition with a few trivial marks. Certainly nobody ever reels away from my bike clutching their eyes... but they're not perfect. They're not scratched to buggery and are all the same colour. They're OE Ducati ones and not Chinese clones...

Worth GBP150? - collect from North Lincolnshire or I'll post them at cost.

Also a set of almost new rearsets for 749/999 in black anodised. They're a US brand that I forget the name of, but were not mega-expensive. Race pattern shift, can't get along with it... so there're my Leon Haslam dreams up in smoke.

Worth GBP85? - collect from North Lincolnshire or I'll post them for GBP5.00

2. Shall take some, but for now let's just imagine how ace they look...

IMG-20160621-WA0021.jpeg

3. Bugger.......I'd imagined they looked rubbish. Now I can't get that out of my head :(

4. Got a pic of the rear sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Will take some.

6. There you go, looks great, eh?

So, reasons I'm selling:

Rearsets: don't like race shift
    Fairings: Bike is a 749s and RH side is 749 and right side has lower lug snapped off (drilled for cable tie / tie wrap)

Buy now... even if you don't have one! :D

IMG_20160930_125946.jpg

IMG_20160930_141237.jpg

IMG_20160930_125403.jpg

IMG_20160930_125346.jpg

7. Fairings no longer for sale (and relieved that they didn't sell already) owing to my new (used) ones arriving and having been smashed by Parcelfarce en route... :'(

IMG_20161002_163035.jpg

8. Feckers, I saw a courtier throw my new monitor last week in the back of his van. Luckily it's fine.

9. I've got a moronic cousin (self) employed by MyHerpes, and since knowing that he's out there destroying people's parcels while careening about the place in a bald-tired, over-loaded and under-insured old estate car I have a renewed sense of contempt for them.

This just makes me really sad though, I'd coughed up a couple of hundred quid for the new bits and being yellow and an S they're not an everyday find... to have them there and then trashed by some careless twonk just makes me really low... I can probably claim the money back through eBay / PayPal but it's the disappointment and the hassle.

Had a right good sesh on the 749 on Friday and was really excited for finally having correct and matching fairing on the RH side, lame I know but there you go. So if anyone was thinking of buying the ones I already have... sorry :(

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information