1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow Reflectors?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Widow79, Apr 3, 2018.

1. What would happen if the yellow reflectors on the forks happened to fall off, is this something the police would pull you for? Mine are a bit loose and may fall off soon, hence the question.

2. Happy to be corrected, my understanding was that the U.K. does not require side reflectors on the fork legs but the U.S. does so just out of convenience they put them on all models

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Not at all.....mine "fell of" my Multi DVT 3 years ago and have unfortunately fallen off my new 1260 shortly after getting it home.. ;)

Never been pulled, nor do i expect to be. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Side reflectors for the federal market.

Uk doesn't require them but maybe the bean counters just signed off one set of forks for all markets rather than one with and without mountings.

Didne worry about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thsts my life story... you get used to it after a while.:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Great, thanks for the advice.

7. While there were no answers at present, I did a usual joe bloggs "search engine it" only US states laws or cyclist law came up...

• Like Like x 1
  8. My reflectors fell off the xdiavel in the dealers car park before I even got to ride it away.....strangely the exact same thing to the reflectors on the supersport s must be the car parks fault !!!

9. Btw a little bit of wd40 on a rag gets rid of any glue left behind easily!

• Like Like x 1
  10. it’s a direct effect of all these pot holes on our roads. The vibrations experienced are at the frequency which breaks up the glue on the reflectors.

11. Cool, just put some drum and base on your ipod then the earphones on your fork legs, the reflectors will fall off :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yep, mine too fell off the day after delivery, with the help of fishing line down the back of them, then WD40 for the glue :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I thought these were a new EU requirement? All manufacturers are fitting them.

14. I'll bet that sooner or later they will become part of the MOT test. Then all the folk who have so hastily removed them will be sticking them back on.

15. I believe that they are part of the Euro4 thing. That means that manufacturers have to fit them to meet the Euro4 requirements. It does not mean that the end user has to keep them fitted.
    I have deliberately removed them from my Supersport and the wifes Monster.

16. Still an option everywhere but usa, but its cheaper to produce one set if forks than federal and rest of world variants.

Usa also requires illuminated side marker as well, which they do in the form of the always on indicators.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information