1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, Yes, Yes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Got the call from my GP this afternoon, having my first vaccination tomorrow afternoon.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Well done you and the second,when's that due.?

3. Not sure if I will be given a date tomorrow but mid April I hope. Still on course to get my licence back by the end of August.

4. The second ones are all over the place at the moment. My whole company has been done now bar a handful that refused it and not a single one of us has been given a date or even an idea of a date yet.

What we were told though is that they don’t know whether it stops people carrying the virus which is why you can’t go back to ‘normal’ after having it. Or whether you’ll need boosters every 6 months or even when the next one might be. It was left as a ‘we’ll be in touch at some point’.

seems like a bit of a suck and see situation at the moment but hopefully atleast a step in the right direction. Out of 20 of us only three of us were particularly ill from it which isn’t too bad odds.
    It’s only been the young fit people getting ill from the jab oddly :laughing:

5. My youngest brother, who works in the NHS, had his Pfizer vaccine this morning.

His colleagues had the Oxford one on Monday (he couldn’t make it then) and all, without exception, felt ill on Tuesday with various symptoms including severe headaches, aching, and vomiting.

6. I had the Pfizer biotech and was pretty damn unwell from it. Had all the side effects for about 4/5 days and felt very flu like for about 3 or so days. One of our guys was off for over a week and bed bound.

Considering I’ve had covid and it did sod all to me. The jab made me pretty unwell haha

Everyone at our place (we work with the nhs) who’s been ill from the jab has been sub 35 and fit as a butchers dog

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. 3-12 weeks I was told.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I had my first vac on Tuesday (Pfizer), next morning felt very tired, hard to keep my eyes open for a while, for about 3 hours, after that felt fine, no more symptoms at all.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Looks like I’m lucky as only a sore arm, bad nights sleep and a bit tired the day after Pfizer vaccine. There was no booking system in place for the second jab when I had mine, but we were done as a group of 40 at short notice, so I think the same might apply later, the doctors etc had no idea about how to book the second vaccine using the system we were booked in.

10. I was sweating away all night after the first Pfizer one which work somehow procured and administered (the occy health nurse). Couldn't sleep at all.
    Was told 3-12 weeks for the next one, they'd instruct me when and where. I've a relation who's an NHS consultant. She told me the second was a lot worse than the first. I'm contemplating playing hard to find.

11. I didn’t want the first one let alone the second one.

after having the first one and feeling like utter shite I might give the second a swerve tbh

12. I'm thinking the same, but if we don't get herd immunity we may throw our hat at it, so I'll go out of a possibly misplaced sense of responsibility probably.

13. My dad had the Astra Zeneca jab the other day and he’s fine. But then, he worked in a chemical factory his entire life so he’s pretty much indestructible and in fact, I imagine they his blood probably kills 99% of viruses on contact

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. yeah I hear you mate.

I’ve missed 4 friends funerals in the last 12 months which is frankly disgusting (not covid). There’s little I won’t do for normality

• Like Like x 1
  15. Defo heard that the second jab lay fit people my age (58) very low for a day or two, off work low and they are frontline doctors etc.

16. Maybe this is another reason they are delaying peoples second shots? If word gets around that its "really really bad the second time mate" the take up could be hit. At least this way they will probably get one shot in most peoples arm?

17. when are they doing the under 50s?

18. I had the Oxford / AZ first jab on Wednesday at the large vaccination centre in York. It's the advantage of working for a Social Care company. Second one booked for 14th April.
    I felt tired the next day and spent a bit extra time sat in Trap 1. Otherwise ok.
    I have one member of my team who hasn't gone for a jab. She's got a few weird ideas and her husband is a bit of a flat earth and conspiracy type. She's got a great ass though.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Our team (healthcare) most of us had a headache the day after, felt a bit tired and had a sore arm, as we were warned we might at the vaccination. After 24 hours felt fine.

We have to remember that the point of the vaccination is to trigger an immune response, this makes you feel a bit shitty and just how shitty will vary between people. At least you know it has had the desired result!!

• Agree Agree x 3

20. Weirdly I wasn’t ill from covid when I had it at all.

the jab made me feel minging :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information