1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Yet Another Please Assist Id The Model

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dremmel, May 11, 2019.

1. Some people seem to not really want to sell their bikes. I do scrounge far and wide and have come across this.

Info provided: 2001 996, 20000 miles. Price eight grand. Supposedly immaculate.

Plus this fantastic resolution picture. Ideas?

996sale.png

2. Looking at the shadow, the seller is doing this to you:

cartoon-man-with-fingers-in-ears-and-tongue-out-vector-14274193.jpg

3. 996 biposto or could be an S model

4. The advert is very basic on it's description, that isn't something a good ducati owner who cherishes their bike tends to do, even more so if they are after a sale.

Given it's nearly 4 thousand kilometres from you, I'd be asking for an awful lot more information from the seller as they seem either reluctant or can't be arsed to describe the bike fully, and that normally is a cause for concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My money is a base biposta which, IMO, isn’t worth anywhere near £8k. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Doesn’t look immaculate, looks dusty & unloved. There’s at least three yellow 996’s on eBay right now that look better than that & are better priced & described.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Early noughties 996s is my guess.
    TiN Showa front, Ohlins rear, grey frame, grey 5 spoke wheels. Looks like a BP as well

8. Dremmel, I think when people try and help with your id/opinion requests, they check your profile and see Liverpool so often are referring you to the U.K. ebay/autotrader etc

But would I be right in saying you are in fact in Liverpool, a suburb of Sydney Australia?

9. ZDMH200AA1D013415

Anyone a gun at VIN's?

From what I can gather H is for homologation and and the "200" is the model, which can be a 100, 200 or 300, but I don't know what these denote?

10. It's definitely nothing special mate.

11. You need the engine no. really not the VIN, you’ll be able to tell more from that, but I’m with Cookster at the mo.

12. I just entered the VIN into a decoder website. https://vindecoder.eu/check-vin/ZDMH200AA1D013415

Apparently it’s a Multistrada? Or possibly the website is selling horsesh!t?

13. I thought Dremmel was based in Oz.... so that's $8000 Oz dollars or about £4000.... surely it's worth that?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information