1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Brung Ching Bling?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by breakout998, Aug 24, 2017.

1. I paid $245AUD for some frame bungs, Have I started to slip to the bright red, gold, and blue bling mentallity? The Scrambler blings have been bothering me? Ducatis are beautiful and the focus is on the bike not the sprocket covers and clutch covers?i Use understated bling in aluminium and black finish, but allow blue engine water fittings as per race-bikes; RS,F0-, and traditional red for clutch parts, (Think STM) The respectful way is to realize function over form, if something is beautiful but doesnt work functionally dont use it, and secondly only black and green anodizing offer advantages to wear surfaces in terms of hardening them.
    Red, black (dye), blue, green, are decorators colors?
    put black and clear parts on the bike to leave the highest functionality and improve the appearance to those that understand the modification, without announcing to the world you are a bling idiot that prefers flashiness, to having an understanding of performance and function. Go quality not gimmick
    Example Chinese Brake and Clutch levers extendable features;
    1) looks beautiful multicolored
    2) The lever beam split longitudinally secured one screw, this beam will be more spongy because of the longitudinal split reduces the beam section and that shear plane is not locked with 2 screws
    3) What happens if the outer blade falls off, screw backs out?
    4) What happens in a accident , outer bladed detaches inner blade is sharp?
    in the guts on the way over the bars
    5) Ducati and good aftermarket levers are aero dynamically designed not to build wind pressure and put the brakes 'on'? at high racing speeds and designed with stress raizers to control the point they break in an accident?
    6) My opinion; telescoping levers are deficient in safety, functionality, reliability, crash resistance and appearance?

#1 breakout998, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. meh?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Wow, like the colored ones? make your bike look better,
    This above is only MY OPINION and offered only in the hope I will show more bling frequently demeans the bike and the rider.
    Dont agree tell me?

Levers3.PNG

Levers2.PNG

4. No not you, the other guys, you a good guy

5. just wanting to see what happens to my idea? Think I am going to get canned?

6. Thread moved

7. I think I know what you mean, you'd rather have a component on your bike that though looks dull but actually work as it should rather than Green anodized Chinese component that's may look good but is actually shite.?

I've always gone for performance over bling (says he with gold wheels) :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. anything other than black, white or silver should not be allowed on a bike... Except a yellow fairing....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. Red ???

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Bling is shit, don't like my blingey coloured clutch :worried:

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Says he with a bright yellow Z1 ?? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. There is absolutely no bling at all on that, and it follows Chiz's rules above - did you not read them??? Is he just wasting time trying to educate you brw

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  13. Red or gold pressure plates are ok with me otherwise black and silver only..... maybe a liitle bit of gold. All other colours should be banned.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. So, it this a no then ??? :cool:

ninja-bling-motorcycle-close-up.jpg
    Bling-Motorcycle.jpg

#14 Wayne58, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  15. Feeling ill after seeing those.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ask Ducgirl if we are allowed yellow.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. I say good, maybe he needs so doesnt get run over? high viz color?

I wouldn't criticize the Blind or people with walking sticks either

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Better still ask @Ducbird :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. here she is?
    but not wearing the green bikini, cant put photos like that here, and believe me she doesnt worry about bling and yellow ducatis
    She should be riding a Ducati? curvy like a 998?

Girl.PNG

#20 breakout998, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information