1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Tube Video

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Although being commented on now the video is from,2008, I think. The thing that struck me (and has been commented on) is why did the Police Officer allow this 'chase' to go on for so long. He's recorded loads of evidence, yet carry's on with the ride. If a pedestrian (who may be at fault for not looking properly) tried to cross the road and either one had struck them, then there would almost certainly be very serious injury or worse. I would like to think that the officer got into serious trouble over his action but anyone know better?

2. Cant see or hear any blues and twos. No obvious reflection of flashing lights and certainly no siren

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think that's the issue. It was an unmarked bike (I assume) but at no time did he put on lights and try to stop the offender. Not only would that be doing his job but it would serve as I warning to other road users. The shocking thing to me is that road safety (that is always Police motorcyclists big mantra) goes right out of the window and we have a race instead. He makes a point at the start over the radio that the guy isn't very good at road positioning and wet riding yet he doesn't stop him but just descends to his level with shit riding and stupid speed. The safe and sensible thing would be to put on lights and stop the bike as soon as it is safe.

4. Yea I agree that was ridiculous. If it was about safety or prosecution he would've stopped him early on.

I think it was more about the thrill of the chase. Especially with his comment at the beginning about the riders bend assessments being rubbish and not being confident in the wet with the laugh.... yet he still loses him at a few of the bends....

5. Err watched the first minute where the biker makes three tight moves and the cop follows him making much more dangerous moves putting more people in danger than the biker

6. Blokes starts dropping the cop thru the twisty bits. #trainingneeded

7. 3’04 in...wtf was the cop doing overtaking there?! Surely he should be prosecuted for that alone...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information