1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You'll Never Guess What I Saw On The Way Here Today!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sam1199, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Post here insane things you've seen drivers do on the road.
    Doesn't have to be today but reports of stupid dangerous things.

For example. Yesterday I saw an idiot in a white Ford Focus doing a 3 point turn on a slip road with a bend leading to a dual carriageway. Then he must have driven back up it. Other drivers must have been sweeping round that bend at 60mph. Insane. Hugely dangerous, with no thought for others safety. Especially of a motorbike came round that bend. You just don't expect to see a prick in a Focus coming the other way.

He did it because the dual carriageway was blocked with traffic n he didn't want to wait.

I'm not a social do-gooder but people like that should be banned....for the safety of others.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. My favourite one:

I was in a motorbike shop in Gosport many moons ago, looking out the shop window at a 4-way intersection. A car was travelling with the right-of-way past the shop from right to left. A car emerged from the side road on the driver's right at the exact moment a car emerged from the side road on the driver's left, and all three had a coming together at about ten miles per hour.
    Before I had time to even properly register what had happened, a police car squeezed past the mess. Both cops in the car were slowly shaking their heads as they went by.

It was one of the truly surreal moments of my life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 38mls behind a tourist driving on the wrong side of the road between oban and lochgilphead

4. I went out with a bird once who actually had 3 nipples, one on her right tit and 2 on her left tit (the second being half the size of the other) sorry it wasn't today or on the road :smile:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. do you walk on the left?:smile:

6. Yes I did :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I drive on the M25 every day.

I wouldn't know where to start.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. @finm probably seen more than me, but as I sometimes ride west coast of jockland roads I've seen quite a few spectacularly stupid driving too. I have no idea what it is about these roads but it seems to have more than its fair share of retards on it.

Just the other week on the "Rest" road (A83 I think) comes around a wide sweeper, presented by a line of cars on the opposite side and an Audi R8? Sporty supercar thingy, square on mine, squeezed the bike between him and the verge, not a lot of room to play with.

Another that was a loooong time ago was on the Glasgow expressway, there used to be a big roundabout. This was late and the roads were empty, car in front just drove straight on into the armco fencing, not a deviation left or right or even a change of speed.

9. Oh I won't mention the time I took off with the steering lock on, in the middle of a busy square on a sunny day

10. While touring oban and lochgilphead I was on the wrong side of the road for 38 miles - I thought they drove on the right in Scotchland as there was a local behind me all the way! Would you credit it :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Always ride that there will be a ford focus doing exactly that expect the unexpected especially if your seeing this on a regular basis
    Make sure on a bend you can see around it to avoid the ford focus or the old bloke in his cart driving the wrong way
    :)

12. That's a single track road isn't it ;)

13. wasnt a golf perchance? :Angelic::smile:

14. no. :smile:. quite possibly the best bike road in britain

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can't really remember finm, it was all over that quick, I still don't know to this day what happened, it was like the driver was asleep. Bloody big roundabout too.

16. I saw and recorded a guy driving down the A4 into London using Apples' FaceTime App whilst driving, you could see the other persons face on the screen as he held the phone on the stressing wheel.

17. quite possibly a mate of mine , mind him doing it about 18-20years ago straight in to the armco. on the clydside. dumb ass

18. 15 years or so ago a guy at work got his car written off by a runaway horse, this year one of our directors wrote off his new XJ with a runaway horse too. Horses are as bad as some humans it seems :)

19. As an aside, I was wondering whether the latest manufacturer rules concerning bikes - ABS, traction control, emissions, etc - will be applied to new foals?

I am assuming that horses that will be used on the roads will need to meet to latest EU specs.

20. Thou' shall not show off and race Top Gear style in a residential community (gated compound) as a few trees around...
    Moron Porsche driver made my morning!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information