1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zarco Speculation Ramping Up

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2018.

1. MotoGP have just posted a speculative article on FB about the possibility of Zarco moving to Honda to replace Danny Pedrosa. We’er only 1 race in ffs ! Andy

2. Pedrosa...? whats wrong with him? Honda not happy with him anymore??

3. Danny will not be a MotoGP world champion despite his undeniable skill and he has yet to announce a new contract with Honda so is an easy target for speculation. In the FB article, Marquez is reported to have said that he is not against Honda giving Zarco a contract but fully supports Pedrosa as a team mate and claims to have no influence on Honda’s choice ...... yeah, right ! Andy

4. Age and that he’ll not win many races. Zarco could, and maybe championship, and if Marquez jumped ship they’d have a readymade replacement

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pedrosa has had his chance. He will always be second fiddle. And a team like Honda don't need a safe second fiddle type.

6. Was having this discussion with some mates the other day. They were in the camp of ‘Pedrosa has had his day’.

I’m in the camp of ‘look at his podium stats’. He’s incredibly consistent and that’s consistently good. He’s probably got better stats than Dovi and look at him now

7. What he may do is take podiums, and points, to minimise the impact of Marquez having a poor race. Honda seem to be thinking ahead, and why not, if he’s out of contract anyway. Much rather see him on a Honda than a go-nowhere KTM satellite

Tbh Herve seems to have dropped a bollock there. Or it’s totally inspired..

8. Danny has been around a long time with Honda and given them three! championship's,but has had some bad luck on the way in the Big class,but do honda really want two number one's in their team:thinkingface: alway's thought it was number one rider with a supporting act:thinkingface:

#8 XH558, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Look at Yamaha when they had two number ones. Resulted in some cracking racing but some proper tantrums and bitter disputes.

Teams don’t want to be repairing damage caused by their teammates.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I dont think Pedrosas job is to win.I think his job is to be good enough to take points of other teams riders,to allow Marquez to win the championship.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Totally agree why would any manufacturer want teammates taking each other out? The star man mm then mr dependable watching his back but also capable of strong points if star man fluffs it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Never forgiven him for punting Nicky Hayden off in Estoril when Nicky was fighting for the championship. Should have been sacked for that move but it just goes to show the power of a Spanish passport.

13. Am i missing something but Zarco is signed up for this year...? so he's not going anywhere, or am i missing something?

14. I’s all speculation about the future beyond this season as Herve has agreed to run KTM from next year. We know Pramac has ditched Petrucci and there is a lot of speculation about Bradley’s future and Scott Redding’s future and it’s been such a long winter, people are excited and why let facts get in the way of a good speculation/conspiracy/fake news story :cool: Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes and Rossi Gate:thinkingface:

16. Either Avintia or Angel Nieto Ducati satellite teams will probably switch to Yamaha, with the VR46 brand and probably run Zarco with an interim / semi-factory spec'd bike. Zarco's team mate will be a VR46 Moto2 recruit/ rookie. Nieto & Rossi's family (I think) are old friends and therefore keeps their teams name alive in MGP Also means that the VR46 brand has routes in all 3 classes, just in a similar way as Marc VDS has. Well that's the theory anyway. Zarco could also jump on a factory Ducati GP19 with Dovi. If not it'll be Petrucci's, 1 of the few to understand and ride the Ducati reliably and in the points. Can't see JL99 sticking in the factory red team.

Just my 2p'th.

17. It’s all got me wondering where JLo will end up. If he does get the Italian boot, Yam have no place for him and the same goes for Honda. That’ll be him looking to Aprilia, KTM or Suzuki for his factory fix.

18. Think that Rins is safe with Suzuki, so Iannone or JL99 back to a JAP bike characteristics, but Suzuki may well opt to run a Satellite team instead and keep the line up with Avintia. Can't see JL99 going to either Aprilia or KTM tbh. Would be an expensive RedBull stunt and rich pickings for him. Can't help but think that 2 years ago VR46 advised him against the Ducati move. Probably 1 of the decisions that he JL99 should've read more into. Would be surprised if Ducati let it current Golden Boy Dovi move on especially after the last 12 months and the potential in the package with him onboard.

It'll all come out in the wash at some point.

19. Dovi talking to Honda and Suzuki to try and force Ducati to give him the contract his results deserve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I was under the impression that the VR46 teams were set up for Italian riders , maybe things may change when he starts his Moto gp team but Zarco not being Italian goes against what his teams are about.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information