1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zxr750 L2

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by sharksqb16, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Bought this last June, not rode it much. A mate has said let go to Mugello,(he on his tune MV F4) yep up for that, so got the old girl up on work bench last night, notice some oil on the floor. on investigating i find that the engine has been repaired at the front lower left with some stuff, i think a metal putty stuff and has let go. Now my question is dose anyone no if the zxr J model crankcases are the same as the L models, there are quite few of them around not so the same for L. Failing this i will split the engine and get somebody to weld and repair the damage. Can anyone recommend a really good welder/fabricator.
    Thanks for looking and for any info given. (micky takers included, you no who you are)
    Oh yes was taking ZXR as it was the only bike that was road worthy.

2. I can't see anything. :eyes:

3. :eyes: I have z ZXR (but a proper one) - where's the micky takers and where's your ZXR :worried:

4. be very careful with the welding, because of the constant differences in temperatures that goes very often very wrong, not a problem around town but a bitch when it happens abroad.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. One wrong word in the paragraph, so it start's, have to get 13 year old daughter to check my writing again, thought i could get away with it, another telling off:pensive:. What's a proper zxr ,oh one that has a bike room to sit in, seen the photo's nice bike. have to go out to cold workshop and take photo, happy now: unamused:

6. Mines in the cold but very dry wooden garage :yum how cold is it :cold_sweat:

7. only -1 tropical compared to the -8 we had:cold_sweat:. Pictures now of the dirty girl, maybe i will get some sensible answers:worried: P3200001.JPG P3200002.JPG P3200003.JPG P3200004.JPG P3200001.JPG

8. Nope, far too blurry, go and try again - this time without shaking soooo much :rolleyes:

9. that blurry is just the crap been used on the engine.

10. think your hands are so clod you cant stop trembling, anyway the close up engine pics need doing again as we all can't get a proper focus:bucktooth: on the problem area

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ok tried to get David Bayley to take photo but canceled at last minute when he found out the pictures where going on Ducati forum UK, something to do with tough audience. So I have tried my best be kind P3210001.JPG P3210002.JPG P3210004.JPG

12. That looks rather nasty.
    Hope you get the answer you need.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. You'd be looking at new crankcases I would guess! To weld that would mean the engine out, a complete strip down to the bare pieces which would then need to be spotlessly cleaned prior to welding only for the work to then be stressed by the various fittings running next to and indeed through the completed work which I would imagine is why it has been bodged in the first place.
    I can't imagine any welder would give a guarantee for that kind of work, the likelihood being that in a very short space of time it would be all over the rear wheel and you down the road!
    Kawasaki forum?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Looks a mess!!:thinkingface:

15. Looks like it's been in Chizel's toaster :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. least its not been near his grinder

17. correct

18. That's the Creamy who attacks bikes willy nilly and with little flair with a grinder - Chiz toasts things like tables and phones when angry... :eyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  19. My apologies

20. Anyway - it's goosed - a second hand engine is surely your best, cheapest and quickest fix? Or buy another one and break this one?

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information