1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£6k - 7.5k Budget... What To Buy??

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 18, 2018.

1. So's my Vespa. :heart_eyes:

IMG_4288.JPG

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Did you try and find a suitable bike yet for his Ducati collection?
    This one non standard, not registered in the UK, no mileage shown: probable 20% vat to pay no matter what the mileage.... hang on!@#!

I have a genuine one of these, UK spec, 4500 miles, Evo 3 (the sorted one) Creamy, you might be on to something for a change :thinkingface:

3. Maybe not that particular one but a F4 ticks lots of boxes.

4. F4 rc bit over budget though.

5. Typical, spend months watching for 50th R1 or an F4 with round pipes in the 'right colours'.....am I disappointed at my tricolore? Nope!
    Good find though, F4 has to be a sound investment with one of the sexiest looking bikes ever produced. MV seem to produce a lot of 'ltd edition' 'stuff' but IMO only a bike like the F4 1000 can be classed as a real investment.

6. Have you thought of a Bimota?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F4 750 - already higher value than later 1000's :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. what about that Senna on bike trader for 6.5?

9. Did they ever make a 748 senna? Thought it was only the larger capacity bike that was offered as a Senna...

10. Correct, just the 916 :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. just the grey paint for the 748 and thats it!

#172 XH558, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  12. Conversation with Mrs M today went something like...
    Mrs M: So hows the bike hunt going?

Me: Hmmm, not bad. There's a couple I've got my eye on, but one of them hasn't been confirmed as definately for sale yet... I'm in no rush though so will just see how it pans out and keep my eye out for new bikes coming to the market too... If I don't pull the trigger on anything before the end of next month I'll keep the money in the bank and wait until next winter to start looking again.

Mrs M: Ah that's good then, because I've been thinking... As we're redoing all the drive this time your home, it would make sense to continue the good work and get the rest of the front finished off too...

Me: I see what your saying but I thought we were going to wait a couple of months and me use the overtime money from my courses to do the rest...

Mrs M: Well it would just make sense to get it done before bike season wouldn't it, so when the good weather comes we're not tied down doing jobs and can get out on the bikes.

Me: Hmmm, I see what your saying... Thats not a bad idea!

So I set a portion of the budget mentioned at the start of this thread to complete the rest of the front garden re-landscaping etc... and think back to @El Toro's quoting of one my favorite lines 'happy wife, happy life'... I have a full season ahead on the Tricolore too so it's not so bad and I still have 'the chase' to look forward again next winter too.

Then, this pops up in my inbox!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323097966033

And I really like it... F@@k it, f@@k it, f@@k it!! God damn that moment of weakness!

Ah well, you win some and you loose some : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'd have stopped her at "Mrs M: Ah that's good then, because I've been thinking... ".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. It takes many things to be happy in life and SWMBO having a victory every now and again is a small price to pay for that in the grand scheme of things :upyeah:

Life is still young being a spring chicken at the ripe old age if 33 too, there are hopefully still many years ahead to accumulate many more Ducati's ;)

15. 33?

:eek: (me)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (Forum Members who have met you)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:(Forum Members yet to meet you when the do)

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. I used to think you were an alright kind of guy at one point too :p

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Is he "weathered"?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. These things happen when your paper round is both sides of the M62 o_O:upyeah:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information