1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale £85k Rotary

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by WAH900ss, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Anyway, the rotary engine thing...made me remember these bad boys. What a sound..

• Like Like x 7
  2. Lots of cheap plastic @J biker , however matey has more money than sense and has lathered it in top quality carbon fibre. It has more CF than the CF model.

The plastic is really bad plastic tho. Worse than Ducati plastic tbf.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting thread reference whether Ducati us a premium brand now, probably one for a separate thread but speaking to some mates who are in the trade in various degree's, the general consensus is that no, they aren't. The Business has shifted into the mass production VW/Car model to a significant degree now that it's not considered premium. I think very long term, they will need a brand under Ducati that does all the Scrambler/Lower end bikes and then to make Ducati the top end stuff again, in theory like the VW/Audi hierarchy.

On thread, I was watching loads of old Rotary video's the other night, no wonder they got outlawed in BSB, they were so quick, I was watching a mallory race with the JPS boys and by halfway down the straight they were all over the Yams' and Honda's and it's not even really a straight, can't imagine what they were like at places like Snetterton.

I'd love to see one of these in the flesh, I doubt I ever will.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So two full bitcoin, nice.

5. Wonder what the tip wear is like? Bit thirsty on fuel too I expect but lovely to look at. Not sure how hot your botty is going to get with that seat heater pipe running along under the nads o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Austrians love it when we call them Cherman.

7. I don't know about the bikes, but when I went to the Le Mans museum, they have a winning Mazda there and they claimed that the engine could have easily done another 24hrs

8. If I could afford it I'd have one. Fair play to him for sticking to his dream, I hope he sells them all.
    I hope they prove to be reliable.

Having heard the old rotaries at the Classic TT, I've been hankering after an interpol or similar. Trouble is anything less than 20k is shite and needs a fortune spending on it.
    Apparently they went like stink but handled like pigs. Doesnt stop me wanting one :yum

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've read the quality of some of the parts went downhill after the gen2. I don't know when they stopped fitting Brembo brakes, but that could have been cost cutting too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information