1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

‘88 750 Sport

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by 88Sport, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Mate, that looks sick!!
    Have seen a few Sports before (usually in the clashing blue/red colour scheme), but the grey looks sweet.
    Reminds me of the 750 F1 Laguna Seca..

Ducati-750-F1-Laguna-Seca-Left-Side.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ah, that's better! Our OCD tendencies are satisfied now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looking great!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi mate, looks mint. What carbs? Surely not the original weber, can't tell from the piccies, I have a 1990 900ss, basically the same bike bike with 17" wheels, are yours still 16"?

5. Welcome to the forum, mines not quite as old, 1991, quite a change in those few years. Stunning bike you have there.

3480C4A4-1F14-4374-9882-C7088331E66A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Love the 89/90, 900/750’s. That looks great, Fork and wheels updated and guessing the carb has been sorted.

7. Thanks Guys. Yes all the things that needed replacing have been replaced. Kehlins fantastic.

8. No it has Kehlins and 17” , sweet handling.

9. Long time between posts but had been struggling to find a replacement rear shock I was happy with. Ended up getting one made in Adelaide, a Hyperpro based shock. Fitted perfectly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Welcome, lovely bike :upyeah:

11. Hi and welcome to the Ducati forum

12. A quick rant so bear with me.I’ve had this bike for over a year now but it’s always played second fiddle to my Laverda Jota. This is partly because the suspension was rubbish. I fixed the rear with a new shock but haven’t had the time or money to get the front sorted. I’ve played with preload, rebound and compression, and the position of the forks in the clamps but to no avail. The top triple was very slightly skewed and I’ve tried loosening the wheel and triples and bouncing the front, also without much change.

On dead flat roads the bike was stable but any rough surfaces and it became a handful and the front skipped on rough surfaces and even twigs on the road.

I realised that I hadn’t loosened the steering head top bolt (I missed the pinch bolt first time as well). Once I undid that there was a slight cracking sound and the forks regained a much better movement so I’m hopeful the ride will reflect that. I’ve moved from Perth to Sydney so there’s much more riding to be done!

I also switched the VeeTwo clipon clamps for a set of Woodcraft with 1.5” risers to make the riding position a little less severe, and now the top of the forks are level with the clamps as well, which doesn’t slow the bike very much at all because the rear is higher than stock.

I nearly consigned this wonderful bike to my list of bikes i once owned. Now I’m looking forward to discovering a new bike.

• Like Like x 7
  13. welcome back blue....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here's a photo I took specifically for the forum. Look very, very closely and you'll see it. (hint: track upwards (or left if the picture is on its side) from the fuel filler cap into the background.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  15. Ok so it looks like someone wearing a hi vis kneeling down throwing up?

16. A wheelie bin with a red lid. I stopped to adjust the shock and spotted it in the distance

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hope you’re all travelling ok in the current madness!

[​IMG]

It’s taken me all this time to finally get the bike to a point where I could start to ride it confidently across the bumpy NSW roads. I replaced the rear shock and then struggled on until I realised the front forks were binding which was why I couldn’t get a comfortable setup. I freed them up and it was better but then I was able to tell the front springs weren’t right. Resprung the front and now its sooo much better. You would not believe how bumpy these amazing fast back roads are! They are amazing though! Tightened the steering head as well, made a difference.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4

18. Great spot :)

19. Once you get it right these bikes are so much fun to ride

• Like Like x 1
  20. Looking good.

How long ago was it imported from Japan?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information