1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'03 999 Bip Resurrection

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Cathalp, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Looks like I'll need the second black key to check this. Red key,black key seems to be doing something as far as recognising them is concerned....

2. If you have the red key, then that’s the battle won. You have to key on with the red key, key off before the countdown ends, put the black key in, etc. Iirc, you will need two black keys though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Excellent news!! Just need to get a black key copied then...

4. So,riddle me this....
    When I get my second black key cloned from the black key I have,how will this be any different from trying to use the same black key twice? It will be a clone of my only black key,therefore the same?
    Do I clone from the red key?

5. When you have all this sorted can you let me know what to do. I have one red one black and want to create a spare black key. Where to buy a black key with whatever electronics needed inside and what to do. I’m assuming any old key cutter will do the mechanical bit

6. You don’t need the second black key “cloning”. It will come with its own code. You just need to get it cut and then go thru the programming sequence.

7. Thanks. Is this a main dealer buy or is there somewhere online you’d suggest

8. OK. My question answered perfectly.
    Thanks.

9. I paid 20 quid on eBay for a "T5" Key. I hope it works.Still waiting on its delivery.

10. T5 key will be blank. You need a pre-coded key to program with the red key.

11. Yes I was going to buy one. Found I guess the same on eBay for £20. Looking at the next post maybe this won’t work. Let me know how you get on. Thanks!

12. So where does one get a pre programmed key?

13. I can get it cut to work with my other 999 which has the demobiliser,demobilised... Thank fuck. What an absolute pain in the hole.

14. Can you suggest where I can obtain one of these pre coded keys? Main dealer I presume...

15. Let me check my spares box. I should have a transponder you can put in a key.

16. Apparently, I can buy all the transponder equipped blank keys I can afford, but only a pre programmed, "blank" key can be used to work with the red key,black key,black key sequence for resetting my replacement clocks. Its all very unclear really.

17. PM me your address and I will post you a transponder

18. Cheers for the offer.
    I'm still not sure what I need.
    I rang the Ducati dealers in Dublin today to get a definitive answer on my starting quandary.
    I was told that I didn't need a second black key. The third key I install when instructed should be the red key again.
    Tried that,didn't work.
    I then attempted to disable the immobiliser using my black key, card code and twisting the throttle.
    That seemed to work...eobd light went out and the key symbol disappeared from the clocks.
    Ignition on/off....all is good until I hit the starter button.
    The starter engages for a split second then I'm back to square one. EOBD light and key symbol on the dash.
    Immobiliser needs to be over ridden again.
    FML...

19. Entering the code via the throttle only works once per key cycle.....
    That's that bit explained.

20. Does anybody know how I can clear a flashing key symbol.
    It says to switch off and back on in the handbook but even removing the battery is not working.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information