1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Piece Suit For Track

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 19, 2019.

1. RST are well worth a look. RST Tractech Evo 3 is comfier, better spec’d and CE certified at £360 compared to Dainese Laguna Seca at £800.

Recent Dainese purchases have been frustrating as I love their design but their cuts are inconsistent across their range and their quality is very hit and miss.

2. FC Moto have a couple of models of the AS airbag suits for less than or just over £1000

Not sure if these actually come with the airbag, but looks like it supports it so perhaps you have to buy that bit separately

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...lSQC-le9oOrTTxaDrn4vGCu2rh0KH2rQaAq1KEALw_wcB

and then this one which is £1045 but might be a newer tech?

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...lpinestars-GP-Tech-Air-1-PC-Leather-Suit-0003

Ill also post this on the drama queen thread, just to cover my bases you understand ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Saying that it looks like RST have a new suit range coming in March 2020, presumably will be on show prior to that to take pre-orders so to make start of season sales, might be worth holding off a purchase for unless you can pick up a cracking deal on AS or dainese

https://www.rst-moto.com/blog/rst-airbag-technology-is-coming-soon/

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve got the Alpinestars GP Tech Air vest thing.
    It’s a great bit of kit but it’s a bastard to get on.
    And I also noticed it had shrunk when I did Valencia recently o_O

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. That’s a great deal , so this suit has all the airbag system intergrated into it and plugs into laptop to give you data ?

6. Yes that's correct although I've not tried it.

7. I've been using (crashing in..) the Dianese for three years now and swear by them to the point I bought a second one after a couple of big crashes because I didn't want to be without the airbag if it was being sent back. You can however use it like a normal suit after it has deployed since it deflates almost straight away. Bikestop look after you really well as well and I'd highly recommend them although if you can get a Misano at the NEC for £1000 then definitely go for it as thats a bargain. The build quality of the suits are absolutely outstanding and you definitely get what you pay for. If you crash then its usually around £200 to get the airbag recharged and they have it back in a couple of weeks. They will only certify it if you get any required repairs done at the same time so it can be quite pricey if you damaged the suit. That said though the build quality and leather is so high that I have never had a rip or stitching go in three years despite some huge crashes. I had a few 130mph crashes last year and the first bill was just £200 for the recharge but the second one was £600 because a bunch of panels had got too thin due to multiple crashes over three years and needed replacing. Many of my team mates have had comparable crashes in different brand suits and they all seem to get leather rips or seams failing which can result in some nasty burn injuries.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. what size are you??

A mate of mine is selling his (Dianese air bag all bells and whistles) He wore it for one twenty minute session and didn’t like the fit. I think he wants half his dough back for it.
    I’ve seen it and really does look brand new... coz it is!
    I’ll put you in touch if you’re interested.
    He hung it up for sale at Donington and had no bites all day. I couldn’t believe it.

#31 Mary Hinge, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
  9. What data do you get from a suit?

10. What size is it? :thinkingface:

11. You get all the data you get out of any of the standard GPS laptimers and upload it to the 2D analysis software. The data itself is excellent but the big downside is that (the Misano at any rate, it's possible they have improved the Mugello) the upload speed to a laptop is stone age slow so impractical to use between sessions at the track. It is doable at lunch time but still hardly worth the bother of ~30mins to upload which is mental poor performance for a deluxe item.

12. I think it’s a Euro 56 maybe 54, I’ll have to confirm. He’s about 5’11” and 85kg.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Ah ok....Thought maybe it told you 'you're a fat knacker' o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I have mentioned Scott Leathers before but for some reason I think we have a few badge Diva’s had mine and thought they were good value ( had an issue with shrinking over Christmas though )

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dennis Hobbs measured me for mine and it must have been after he’d banged his head as the fit was well out. He doesn’t work there anymore though.

16. Maybe got his centimetres and inches mixed up. My Mrs keeps me honest on this score ;)

17. Held leathers. Very very good suits.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information