1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Piece Suit For Track

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Just jumping on the thread as been looking at the Dainese D-Air - anyone know what charge cable they use and can you buys spare charging cables? Just incase you forget when on a euro trackday?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bought the top spec RST race suit in the end, waiting on delivery......

• Like Like x 4
  3. That the full Kangaroo Leather one?

4. Yes mate £1k down to £660.

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's this one Li.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Bargain! Weigh it when it comes - would be interested to see how much lighter a full kangaroo suit is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A lot lighter I reckon mate but may hamper your riding a bit

82615EA5-23D0-4A09-A6FE-5AAEA5AEFF06.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks Nick, much appreciated

9. I don't know the D-Air, but Alpinestars Tech-Air uses the standard charging cable that you can buy from most shops.

I like the Tech-Air slightly better. You can swap it between jackets and your race suit, plus the airbag covers a really large surface area. Also, it doesn't rely on a GPS signal like the D-Air. The Tech-Air Race airbag can be swapped between track and road modes, so you've better airbag protection if used on the road. For example, the 'Street' mode works versus being hit from behind while stopped at a red light.

10. Look like standard old fashionEd usb peripheral cables to me - I have a bunch I will never use - free to anyone who wants one.

11. i went for a made to measure Dainese suit but not D-Air as i also bought the Helite GP air vest so i could swap suits and still have the added protection..

the air vest hadnt arrived on this day though, and speed was about 130 kph, and i slid on my left side..
    no injuries and the suit was back repaired from Dainese in about 3 weeks. what was good is they sent me 2 quotes one for back into service and one to repair to as new.

• Like Like x 3
  12. If I could afford it, then I'd go for the new Hideout kangaroo airbag suit. Hideout offers the choice of either the In&Motion electronic airbag or a Helite airbag fitted in the suit.
    [​IMG]

#72 Freerange_egg, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. It's really nice and fits really well.
    IMAG0397.jpg

Weighs exactly the same as my old suit but that has much less armour.

• Like Like x 2
  14. V nice.
    Next time I can find an excuse to get a new suit I'm having a Rev it, but I'm that stingy I'd have to completely reck mine to justify the purchase.

Screenshot_20191127_172007.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information