1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Piece Vs 2 Piece Suit ?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by iang27, Jun 30, 2019.

1. My one piece from Scott leathers feels great, fits great.
    My two piece from Scott leathers feels great, fits great and zips together.
    Cheaper than Dianese off the peg as well.

Two piece definitely better for touring.

If you’re touring Europe in the summer, get a mesh jacket!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Used to wear Dainese 2 piece, and they were OK, but didn't feel right on a sports bike.

Had various 1 piece from:
    Spyke (got too tight after a while)
    Arlen Ness (heavy and bulky)
    Alpinestars (OK on chest and gut, way too long in the leg)
    Spyke (2nd set, snug but 2nd skin fit)

From them all, I like the Spyke the best. The build and quality feels great.

Never had to crash test any, so comments made based on fit and feel.

Prefer 1 piece over 2 piece - happy to walk around with top half of 1 piece hanging around my waist if the weather is too warm to keep on. No need for a 2 piece.

3. 1 piece all the way, I don't usually ride road any more but when I do it's that much of a rare event I just use the one piece. Or if I know I'm not going near anywhere knee down-able then it's same boots, kevlar jeans and a jacket.

4. I was considering the Racing 3 jacket. How has it been in use?

5. Both have there upsides, one is race legal. The other is far easier for taking a poo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It’s fine really, plenty of pockets to put my stuff in, can get a few layers underneath if it’s cool but not the best when proper cold. This would be ideal weather for it if I could get out. I’ve shoved a Dainese back protector in the pouch so I don’t have to think about that, happy to throw it on with jeans for a quick bob or zip it into trousers and it’s good for sportier rides so it’s pretty versatile.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Have you looked at Held as an option, reason being (and no idea what shape you are) but they cater for all shapes. I have a 1 piece race suit from them that fits like a glove. Its a 102 size basically for slightly taller than the norm and slimmer frame than the norm. I also have a 2 piece from them thats fits just like the race suit and wouls happily use it on track. Has a zip all the way round and a half zip as well. The good thing with them is that you can mix and match the sizing pending your own shape etc. Hope that helps. PS. Looked at Dianese but just didn't rate them especially for the fit.

8. Practical advice and after a slight accident in a French hole in the floor toilet many years ago valid.:D Note to self check 360 degrees before using any disposal unit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information