1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 Week Later........

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Pavey, Dec 1, 2017.

1. My S1000R was pinched tonight, had it almost exactly one week and rode it three times. The road it was stolen from was in Mortlake and was a tiny residential back street where you imagine nothing much goes on.

So now I have had a 1098SF nicked and now this, gotta love London!

It certainly doesn't hurt as much the second time round, just a bit annoying. You have to wonder when this will stop though, what are the options?

Wonder what my insurance premium will now be o_O

#1 Pavey, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 7
  2. Mate, that is shit. Hope you get everything with the insurer sorted soon. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Really sorry to read this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sorry to here that , getting silly in London now

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Fuck sake. Maybe just buy a piece of shit rat bike for London?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sorry to hear this mate, it really is shit! It really is about time something was done to bring these unscrupulous t**ts in to line.

Hope you get sorted with the insurance OK.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. F#ck sake @Pavey gutted for you bud!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Sorry about your bad news. So was the bike nicked from your locked garage? Garden shed? Drive? Surely you wouldn't leave a superbike parked out overnight in the street - no of course not, sorry I even asked.

10. Do you want a cheap bike ? Got a gixxer street fighter you can for £2500

Not a dirt cheap rat bike but cheapish

11. Not sure what i am going to do now, have been looking at Bromptons o_O

Thanks though mate.

12. Ah mate that is total dog shit FFS so sorry for you! :weary_face:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Shit Paves, that sucks mate. WTF is London coming to, and are the authorities stepping up their game to try and rein this in a bit ??

14. Not in the slightest. They don't GAF about theft and haven't for a very long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. That's shit as well......

16. That's crap! Can't believe you're so calm about it, I'd be spitting hell fire. Seems like bikes are just a soft and easy target because the authorities are unable to cope with the sheer volume of thefts and even if caught the little scrotes effectively get away scot free

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. What if they did?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. That’s real shit.

19. Not many unfortunately.

A movement and tracking unit is a good start though, if you can hear your phone you'll know something is up by the time the bike is off its sidestand. Gets you involved from the start at least.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information