1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1089 Tyres For Road Use On Generally Dry Days

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Flatty, May 6, 2019.

1. Any advice, and where to get them?

2. Is that a new model? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's 2008. Not sure if that's new or not
    Its red, shiny and noisy which is the main thing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Read the thread title again. Carefully...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had a long day in the pub

• Like Like x 3
  6. Not on your noisy red thing I hope!

7. Good for you!
    Seriously though, there are not many ‘bad’ tyres out there these days. Do you ride hard or do you want a long life from your hoops?

8. Michelin power RS, dual compound, heat up real quick and stick to the road like shit to a blanket....

9. Pirelli Supercorsa SC1/2 Or Metzeler Racetec K1/2 front/rear do me. Usually taken off my trackbike after a couple of trackdays and fitted to the road bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Power RS I keep tearing, even on the road.

Rosso 3 I rate for road.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm steady enough, don't rip it up, and would prefer long lasting ones really. The wing mirrors aren't great for squad car spotting so high speeds are out.and I don't do track days, well I never have yet

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wouldn't dare ride my noisy red thing without a clear head.
    A toy it isn't

• Like Like x 1
  13. Supercorsas.

14. Pirelli Diabolo Corsa, Metzler M7RR etc will suit. Grippy enough and last well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I had some Pirelli Rosso Corsa 2 on my 1198....dual front compound and triple rear for great mileage and grip. Anything other than Pirelli is just wrong on a Duke! (unless it's a track bike ;))

16. Power Rs great tyre

17. Bridgestone RS10's are great .. quite a few Bridgestone options inc the S21 & 22

18. Dunlops for me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information