1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Bst Carbon Fibre Swingarm

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Mary Hinge, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Missed the point there. Entirely. This is simply about unobtinium on a already rare and 'proper' bike. Its not about making it better :Eggonface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Fair do's. You pays yer money takes your choice. It's still £2k used. If I'm buying kit like this or wheels I'd prefer buying new. Stuff like this could have been ragged daft over the last 4 race seasons accumulating structural damage along the way. You might be lucky. You might not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Or it could be from a Cat B bike ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ordered! 4 to 5 weeks delivery. Better bang some OT in.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Christmas come early, not jealous one bit ............. not :upyeah:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Excellent! Look forward to your reports and seeing how you find it.

Do you have the BST wheels?

7. Cheers. Not got wheels yet but they're on the list. They're easier to get than swingarm. I see there is a ceramic bearing option which I'll take. The ceramic bearing stuff is used in cycling which I get. But I'm not so sure it's critical with 182bhp shunting you along! Ah well, every little helps

8. I have spun a wheel with ceramics and one with race bearings. There was still a world of differnce. Even with a chain on, it simply span and span

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or from Nuneaton..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I thought you was looking at second hand stuff, as you were looking at the one on ebay.

11. Looking is one thing but buying is another. All ordered up! Yeah, Xmas here we come!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. All his stuff is from the same "low milage, mint , belonged to a collector and been on display in a living room" bike...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Ha, of course. I made him an offer on the wheels which he accepted. I was then gazzumped by a dreamer who backed out. He then came back to me on my offer. I politely declined. eBay gets on my tits sometimes.
    I decided to buy wheels and swingarm new. I've got the wheels and the swingarm should arrive in a couple of weeks. Better get back to work!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Both the wheels and swing arm were from a Cat B 1098R on Copart that had a heavy front end smash.

The swing arm might have been OK, but the front wheel I would have been worried about!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Is that the one he's trying to flog the motor for £5k

16. Yeah, thats the one. I wanted to have a punt at the whole bike, but I couldn't cos of the Cat B business!

17. R engines are like hens teeth. I'd have had a punt if I'd not just done 5k on wheels and swingarms. Ah well.
    Interesting input on history. Thanks @stretta

18. Riders wee selling 1098RS engines for £5k

Do Not Sell My Personal Information