1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 R Carbon Edition

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Some cheap 1098R's going did you say...………… :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. E6DC95DD-1D72-4266-B23F-3B21CCE9AF58.jpeg
    Mine is up for grabs too and isn’t a bitsa like these others!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. There's a 916SP Racing (really just a 916SP) on Ebay at the moment for I think £37,500 - it has a different engine and a recent new frame but still advertised as a 1994 original :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh, and if you say Bitsa people will sulk o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I think we are all going to have to lower our expectations somewhat in the new ‘normal’ we are facing. On the upside, the price of land in Bali will be falling accordingly as 80% GDP is from the tourism sector!

6. In the background can be seen a bottle of hand sanitizer. Who knew this was a thing a couple of months ago?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mine's a real bitsa. :(

But they are really expensive bitsas and I have all of the oriinal bitsas plus spare bitsas in the loft if needed. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. The cabinets are deeper than the wall units. :eyes: Not much I can do about that unless I recess the cabinets into the walls:thinkingface:.........................Back in an hour. o_O

#28 Robarano, Mar 27, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. It's matching frame and engine so all good on that score :):upyeah: don't listen to him :worried:

10. Yup, same here.... :):upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. I can help rob with this. look at the picture on post 1 and the right hand side of the worktop. The different height between the tall units and the wall units was to allow a beer fridge. Surely a garage without comparisson must have a beer fridge and as such, passed the well established laws of man cave planning put forward by gallileo

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Who? :eyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. And the plug socket height behind was also put in place to compensate for the fridge, but some don't listen @noobie :innocent:

Actually, the wall cabinets just worked better at this height too, if I lined them up with the top of the free standing cabinets, the wall units were too low. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've got matching cabinet bookends made from spare bitsas too. :)

IMG_6252.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  15. That wall socket was a glaring error which was hidden by a beer fridge that wasn't planned to be in that particular position :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. How can you bear to part with that Joe?

17. Ha ha, I doubt if I will tbf, just trying to pull the wool over madam’s eyes!

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Just to clear something up here. This isn't a garage by any form of the description...….:sob:
    It's an operating theatre for goodness sake :cold_sweat::mask:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Indeed, it's where his master created him :thinkingface:

Frankenstein's_monster_(Boris_Karloff).jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I nearly sold my 1098 for a V4.
    I've had it back out and it's utterly fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information