1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 R Restoration

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ash34, Nov 21, 2017.

1. An electric power cell, you're way ahead of him :)

#61 Exige, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  2. Looking very good, best build thread this year @Ash34

4. The engine is being reassembled

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Who's doing your engine work mate?

6. A bin?

I don't think I've ever seen some one putting so much effort and cost into a bike they intend to sell once finished. It's coming along nicely

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Ducati gurus in Budapest called Moto Rosso.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bins are for the finished photos.

About the effort and money being spent, I want to make sure it’s in as good condition as it can be for the next owner. This is exactly what I didn’t have when I bought it and unfortunately had to gradually improve over the season.

I was lucky to win, with hindsight I had to take huge risks riding the wheels off it at every round because of clutch and DTC issues it had originally. They are now fixed and I’m only selling because it doesn’t have the power that I need to compete this year.

When I solved the issues it did a sub 2 minutes lap of the Hungaroring which gave me instant respect in the racing community Done here, and this was before I had the suspension setup optimally for me so I know it can go better. It’s a very fast bike but gets outgunned on the long straights by modern Japanese and German machines.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You’ve not met @cookster then :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Engine back together with the new gearbox. We collected it yesterday but it won’t get fitted to the bike for a few weeks because we are busy building the ZX10R for this season.

[​IMG]

#70 Ash34, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  11. running yet?

12. “A few weeks” means more than 7 days usually ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. not saying it’s a boring thread but forgive me for not reading every post ;) and I promise not to ask incorrectly again ;);) (p c)

14. It was the post right before yours mate.

15. upload_2018-2-11_23-43-41.png
    yeah, whatever - is this the same Ash that I shared a load of p.m.'s with about registering your bike? seems like a different person.

16. Nope not me. There is another member called Ash.

17. That will explain the different person bit then :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 10.16.32.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. and there was me thinking @Loz was being a bit harsh on your return calling you a Moron - on the contrary, well done mate :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Can’t we just love one another, embrace each other’s varying opinions, sense of humour and live in peace and harmony?

• Love You Love You x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information