1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Vs 1198

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by NoGutsNoGlory, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Has anyone had both? I currently have the 1098 which I use 99% on track. I'm getting on well with the bike but would like a little more power as is always the case.
    is there much difference between the two?

Any other reasons I might want to change?

2. Lot of mechanical improvements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 1198 better unless its a 1098R.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Are the forks and rear shock the same as in will my 1098 forks and shock fit in the 1198?

5. yes they will NoNuts. :)

Imagine your 1098 with a lairy streak and attitude and thats the 1198. Essentially a feral Ducati. Mad bastards but absolutely brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Yes there's more power throughout the rev range, not just top end. Slightly lighter. Traction too if your into that. But a bigger improvement for track is probably to save a little extra and get a panigale . Though I prefer the 1198 to look at for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. My understanding has always been the 1098 is a harrier beast, the 1198 more smooth and compliant even in standard non R guise.

8. Its the other way round brad. The 11 is a lunatic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. That's the thing, I like the look of the 1098/1198 and the bike fits me perfectly.
    Not really into traction control as I'm old school and switched mine off when I raced the ZX10 but I would like a bit more power.

10. Before I bought my 1098 I had a prod and a sit on a Pani. it did nothing for me and at 6ft2 was very small. The 1098 is much more comfy ( except for its rock hard suspension ) and wins in the looks dept as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sounds like you'll be very happy with an 1198 Base Model then :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Is it worth the extra cost of change tho? I'd guess it's c10-15 hp max and a little extra torque. Will it make it more fun and better?

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  13. Go full fat .

1098R
    :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yes its worth it. I rode my friends 1098 for a while and it was ace, but I then bought the 1198. Holy shit you notice the extra torque. It pulls like a dentist on a price.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. That's what I mean about more smooth...bit like the multi single spark vs twinspark vs dvt

16. Why don't you go and have a look at a couple, if you take some funds with you and your bike too you may be able to get a test ride to judge whether the 1198 is for you and worth the change... With the agreement that if you bend it you buy it obviously.

Be warned though, once you've been on one... You may just fall out of love with your existing bike.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. You could always go down the route of fitting a full system to the 1198 plus get it mapped on a dyno that will definitely put hairs on your chest :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. @NoGutsNoGlory im a couple of hours from you mate in Cheltenham if you fancy having a go on one your more than welcome to come down and have a blast on mine. Full termi exhaust system, light weight wheels, remapped and no electronic aids. :upyeah::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 5
  19. Then he can travel down south and buy mine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information