1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Alloy Fuel Tank

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Oct 29, 2017.

1. How do you adjust the thermistor?

2. Twiddle it :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. :joy: Is there adjustments on it? I have messed with gauge probes before but the ones I know use resistance. :bucktooth:

4. Sonic screwdriver. :bucktooth:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. That should work too, 2, two, tuiou, an'all :):upyeah:

6. They are spot on, I've used one for years, adjusting the thermal dynamics of my flux capacitor. :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. The beauty of the paint design is it blends the top-line of the tank with other planes/edges on the seat unit, and white/red border on the seat, and fairing lines makes the bike look "fast" when standing still looks more like a 916 than a 999; which was the design aesthetic so criticized on the 999 (flat lines form parallel with the ground), made the bike look less dynamic?
    Very nice

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. save the cost? bash the fins over with a hammer, Chinese hammer, 5 Euro, dont need to charge to use?

9. Have you any idea of what a thermister, or indeed, a thermistor does?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. love the tank, mine has the stripes on it.

Ducati1098R2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought exactly the same thing when I put the tank on and stood back from the bike. It has a "head down, arse up" attitude with a number of styling elements adding to this.. :) The front suspension looks like it's at full compression and the gap between the rear wheel and undertray looks quite large, I'm pleased with it's poise.

I'd love to admit that it was my intention :innocent:, but I designed the lines that I thought looked best on the tank, I guess Ducati should have the credit for placing the swage line where they did. :upyeah:

Slanty.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clever bastard, like it :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Doesn’t that yellow on the wheel go wonky when your riding though ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. No, it gets wrapped around the clutch long before that. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. He's a fastidious parker so don't matter :)

16. I've been called worse. o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information