1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Alloy Tank Painting

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Aug 12, 2017.

1. On my 1098R? About 4 miles. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Well Stu, I was thinking about this last night and today. I think i may be forcing it, because it's an ally tank and I want everyone to know about it. :laughing: I tend to agree with the general concensus on the thread that showing ally may clash on the colour scheme of the R. The design you showed me looks great, and would be my choice on the right bike, but I'm not sure the R is it.

So, where my head is at right now is
    • #1 A stripe like the SP, but painted white to match the nose and tail. I'd put a gold pin stripe on the outside edges of the stripe, again to match.
    • #2 Plain red. I'm not sure if I would go for the original white tank "Ducati" decals or have the ally showing. My head says white.
    With either option, only I would know it's an ally tank. But that's OK, I'm not a blingy kind of guy. :)

#24 Robarano, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2017
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  4. I can't ever remember saying the 2nd quote Bradders. :eek: Have I got early onset domentia? :oops:

5. Mine is all red currently with the ally showing through on a standard size Ducati logo - it's subtle, I didn't notice it at first o_O
    But it will be better soon (even Bradders will agree I'm sure - but not in public:innocent:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. He's a little tinker - just likes to try and fall out, but I lurv him still anyhoo brw :)

7. Its this forum mate, it chooses to post bits from previous quotes that have been removed...second was my comment LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I quite like the second pic :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I've spoken to the seller today who tells me it's 22 litres Andrew. So given that the standard tank is 15.5 litres and allowing for the little that gets left in the tank when one fills up, I should be looking at a 50% increase in range. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ooooooooo. It arrived today. It's lurvely. :yum

The engineering is a work of art. The extra capacity looks to be at the rear of the tank, as it's no taller but is fatter where my meat & two veg will rest. :) I also thought it would be bare alloy for some reason, but it's already been clearcoated over the brushed aluminium which should make whatever paint scheme I go for a bit easier to apply. A few small clearcoat craters are present, but nothing I can't rectify quite easily. :upyeah:

Here it is against a spare 1098R tank I have. :heart:

IMG_5729.JPG
    IMG_5730.JPG
    IMG_5731.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  11. Any chance of a close up pic of that? :innocent:

12. Yes

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. As you say, a work of art. It'll look really good in red...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here is a pic of Stu's Beater 20L tank 5upa6y2y.jpg 2y7yvety.jpg tank

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I wasn't going to comment on that.:eek: Never call a man's ride. But ermmm, yeah. I'd have done the same :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information