1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Alloy Tank Painting

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Robarano, Aug 12, 2017.

1. IMG_2921.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I tried to come up with a design or colour scheme but in the end decided to go with the all red finish. I like the look of the 1098R so kept it original. P1010037.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. Slightly off topic, I know.... But, this is very familiar to my 1198 tank 'Ducati' I don't suppose anyone knows if this is standard?

I always thought it was a brushed effect sticker?? Due to this I've never really looked at it in any detail to determine if it is or whether the tank is actually brushed alloy... The tank isn't 20L though unfortunately so hot a beta on my 1198.

Sometimes wish it was 20L though as she doesn't go far between stopping off to top up ;)

#44 Ben Mallinson, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. My thinking is its a r and nothing else is needed,no need to advertise you have a ally tank as anybody who is nerdy enough to care will know what it is anyway.Would like to see what sticker is covering sinisters 1098 design.

5. Which, IMHO, is why it works so well.:upyeah:

Assuming yay are not talking about the flag monstrosity :dizzy::scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aren't they a brushed silver decal as standard?

7. Well, it is my company bike o_O

IMG_2926.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. White

9. Just enough to keep hmrc happy :upyeah:

10. To be honest, I'm not sure... Hence me raising the question when seeing exige's photo.

11. See post number 49 :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Must admit, I thought the red 1098 was silver. Trying to remember what my red 848 was (suspect black).

13. I think they might be - the R was probably the only one in white.

14. My 1098R and old 1098S were / are both white.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I could just as easily be confusing it with 9** LOL

16. Talking of 1098 tanks I appear to have had some yummy fuel flange seals arrive this week (if seals can be yummy then these are em :))

Ducati x-ring fuel pump seal.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. That's too nice to paint :thinkingface:

18. What have you done to Viv? The real Ducbird would be recommending multiple coats of the finest Ducati Anniversary Red about now. :thinkingface:

19. I do like a nice piece of metal ;)

I was very tempted to go multiples of red but..... that looks lovely au natural :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information