1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. I used a "normal" plug spanner on my 1098R, just one I had in my toolbox, nothing fancy.
    Can't remember the size, sorry.
    My 749R on the other hand...deffo needs a thin wall socket as there is eff-all annular clearance.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I'm using the OE discs (I think, have a look at the photo) but have recently put Brembo carbon ceramic pads in. At a testing session 2 weeks ago the brakes got better and better as the day went on. In the end I was lifting the rear if I left it too late. I do have half an idea about trying the T discs to see what they're like.

[​IMG]

3. And the seat is not right either. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. An enlarged tank too? Maybe a Beater?

5. I just did my first TD since putting on an RCS M/Cyl, individual braided hoses and Performance Friction pads - braking is much improved, in fact, like you found, the braking improved through the day. I was very impressed....just need to re-tune my brain to brake later as I found I was braking slightly too early!

#407 RickyX, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  6. a track day on your favourite bike.. I honestly can't think of a better way to spend a voting day ( in the current environment) :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. saw an 'R' at the petrol station next to Loomies on the way back from Poole but not sure who the owner is on here, hope your mate got home safe with his 1098.

8. Does the RCS make that much difference? I have it on other bikes and they were transformed and one of my complaints with the R is the brakes feel a bit wooden. Wondering if the RCS corrects this?

9. I reckon it was the combo of pads and m/cyl.
    Before, the brakes were not wooden however there was a fair bit of lever travel. Now it's 1 finger on the road, two on track. Lovely.

Edit: I had to change the starter switch assembly as I have a quick action throttle and the lever touched the cable shroud. Needed to be able to move the m/cyl outboard but the standard switch block prevented this. Got a nice billet one from WRS in San Marino for €90 which takes the place of the m/cyl clamp.

#411 RickyX, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  10. Got a photo and a link to that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Got my bike back from a belt service and had new lines put on as I was too lazy to do it myself (HEL were kicking them out half price in January). Turns out they made the difference. Also had the clutch done and the suspension refreshed. The bike is now like the 1098R it should be. Cannot put into words how happy I am with it now (after a love/hate relationship with it). Now to ride the wheels off the bugger when I'm not working and when it's not raining.

12. Running 200/55 supercorsa. No problems...on my third set now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. An article in this week's MCN.

Apparently a 1098R is now worth between £26k & £35k :astonished: and not one mention of a bag of Wotsits anywhere. :)

1098R MCN.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. looks like both overpriced 1098R TB's at bike place in sheffield have been sold, so maybe its is correct?

15. Hi Rob,
    Interesting this, I've recently bought a 1098R with a KX08 prefix...
    I thought the KX part of the reg was the area (town/city) where the vehicle was registered?

Mine was originally sold by MotoRapido, when I rang them they said they first sold/registered it in Dec 2008. However, an online check shows it was first registered May 2008. That makes more sense to me as, if they first registered it in Dec, surely it would be on a 58 plate?
    Time for me to give them a call again!

Do you have any more info on KX08 plates an the pre-registered bikes?

Thanks,

16. There were about 100 1098Rs (iirc) registered by Ducati UK to make the bike eligible for BSB because of sales figures. They have an address in the Northampton area (Silverstone), hence the KX prefix of these bikes. :motorcycleduc:

Mine was supplied from Pro Twins to it's 1st owner brand new. He was however the 2nd owner on the V5 after Ducati UK.

It's entirely possible that your bike was registered as part of this exercise by Ducati UK in May 2008, but not sold until Dec 2008. Make sense? :confused:

#420 Robarano, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information