1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r And Bayliss Owners Advice Needed

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by ducatidude1098r, Oct 22, 2015.

1. No wonder I got a lot of people asking about my immaculate one I'm selling / will be selling at £13,500.
    Offers of £30K plus will be excepted.............

I think they are a tad confused seriously though , maybe taking into account a few of the Bayliss bikes that have been for sale recently ?

2. Ssshhhhhhh ! :mad:

3. Yep that makes sense to me and I believe it's the case with my bike also, it also ties in with the number of owners being one more than the number of times my bike has been sold.... however, was just curious as MotoRapido who sold the bike didn't mention that at all ... don't think it makes much difference though, just nice to know. Also if it is, I wouldn't mind trying to source the 'extras' that came with it, i believe some extra paperwork etc.

Also, I read this (not sure if I can quote another forum :/)
    http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?7435-15-Pre-Registered-1098R-s
    or
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...908britishsuperbikesducatipreregister1098rs-/

Says 100 were needed for the bike to be eligible...about 85 were purchased, and so only the remaining 15ish were pre-registered by DUK to hit the target.

Yea I think its the Bayliss bikes, but curiously the price range they mention tied in with the bikes advertised on car and classic 25-35k? so maybe someone just saw those ones advertised lol.

Either way, that bloody article came at exactly the wrong time for me....mid-way through discussing the deal with the one I bought. Previous owner added another 2k just because of that article!! Should've jumped on it quicker but spent the time doing all the background checks!

#423 Sonic, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  4. You should have a certificate like mine (below) and maybe a letter from Ducati UK thanking you for buying the bike and allowing them to race in BSB (I haven't got this letter, but have seen one)

Certificate1.jpg

#424 Robarano, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The story you linked, of having to be registered by the 1st June to meet BSB regs may have some basis in fact, given mine was a pre-reg bike :motorcycleduc: and registered on 28th May. :)

I always thought that 100 were pre-reg bikes. It makes more sense now that they registered the last 15 to hit the target of 100 total registrations. :upyeah: Very interesting piece of 1098R trivia. :)

IMG_5733.JPG

#425 Robarano, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  6. This only came with the pre reg bikes?

7. No Stu, I think they all have a certificate. I think the letter may have come with the non pre-reg bikes.

I've got every bit of paperwork with mine, but no letter. So if the original owner got it, I am amazed that I don't have it, to be honest.

8. I cant link it but there is an R just come on ebay today at £12.5 . Yes its a starting price and may go up but whilst an owner im also a realist and if that goes much over £13k , if at all, then i'll be pleasantly surprised.

People go on and on about Rc30 prices being north of £20k . There is one for sale at £17.5 that hasn't sold in 2 months. Yes it has a few mods from original but they are correct mods to make it a better bike but it also comes with the originals as well.

Advertised price and actually selling price are way different as we all know.

9. I put it on the eBay thread yesterday. 1098R

10. Doh !!!

Sorry Robarano .

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I spoke to MR and they doubled checked and yes my bike was first registered......30th May! but sold by them in December.
    So it is likely this was one of the pre-reg bikes, especially with the KX08 plate tying in with DUK, however, no evidence currently exists to prove it, it could have been a bike they allocated to race or something but didn't and sold on, or could have been a fallen through order. I don't have the certificate/letter! Time to get on to the previous 2 owners! Would be a nice to have.

12. If you get stuck with a certificate, let me know and I'll scan mine in high resolution for you (with the VIN partially blanked as per above). Add your VIN in Photoshop and any decent print shop should be able to print it onto photo quality card for a few pennies.

13. Forgery!
    It's only a Ducati UK print out like the AirWaves ones, doesn't mean anything to the bikes value or provenance :yum

14. Many thanks Rob I really appreciate the gesture ! However I'll try get the certificate supplied with the bike. Half the fun is hunting down the full history of the bike! Just finished in the shed now changing the coolant. Few more things to sort then can't wait to take her for her first ride.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Unlike 999R plaques, which add thousands to the value of a bike. All yours for a few hundred pounds, sir.:yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Reading this makes me want to start digging around with the history of my R model.
    I think mine is a ky08 not kx.

17. Bargain?

#438 RickyX, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  18. That could be true, but also might just not be any serious interest at the moment?
    I spoke to this chap while I was looking to buy. He's had everything done recently including belts fluids etc , full service history, however there was a little scratch on the mudguard and a boot scratch on the clutch cover [spare cover supplied]. I didn't actually see it as it was a million miles from me and it was my 3rd option. The owner seemed genuine on the phone though and sent me all the info I asked for. I guess we're all just guessing unless someone actually goes to see it.
    I asked him why it hasn't sold yet and he said people were just contacting him with silly offers.
    Anyhow I decided against it only because I wanted a bike to work on, and his one seemed like nothing needed doing.
    I hope he doesn't just give in and take a lower price for it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information